Lewisville ISD remains committed to providing counseling and social work support for our students, even if schools are closed. Students and families can reach out to their campus counselors with specific questions or concerns. Below you will find many resources that are available through our community partners across LISD. The LISD Counseling and Social Work Department is here to serve and support students, families, and staff. Please email us if we can help at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disaster Assistance Center
- Information, support, services, and application for assistance for those affected by a severe weather event.
- Types of assistance may include temporary housing assistance, lodging expenses reimbursement, home repair/replacement, and miscellaneous needs.
- Applications are completed online and may be found here.
United Way of Denton County
- Helps children and families succeed, guides and serves veterans and their families, advocates for mental health and makes homelessness rare, brief and nonrecurring.
- 1314 Teasely Lane, Denton, Texas 76205
Eviction Prevention Program
- Created to help Denton County residents avoid eviction and stay in their homes
- Tenant Screening
- Apply for assistance, visit the food pantry, and discover what services CCA provides.
- 200 S. Mill Street, Lewisville, Texas 75057
- To make an appointment, email email@example.com or call 972-219-4305 .
- Helps with utilities, rent, shelter and drug rehabilitation.
- 206 W. Main Street, Lewisville, Texas 75057
- Specializes in helping individuals, families and seniors navigate through crisis situations and work to stabilize their lives for a brighter future.
- Serves Carrollton, Farmers Branch, Addison, Coppell and Dallas zip code 75287.
- 13801 Hutton Drive, Suite 150, Farmers Branch, Texas 75234
NTX Community Food Pantry
- Mondays 9 AM - 12 PM | Wednesdays 9 AM - 12 PM | Thursdays 4:30 - 6:30 PM
- 5201 South Colony Blvd., Suite 650, The Colony, Texas 75056
Heart of the City Lewisville
- Supports the community with a food pantry, a food drive-thru, free clothing and someone to talk to.
- Families can register to receive free groceries on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Register Here
- Free food drive-thru on Saturdays 9 AM to 11 PM
- 2021 N. Mill Street, Lewisville, Texas 75057
Open Harvest Pantry
- Serving Southern Denton County individuals and families in need.
- Saturdays 8 - 11 AM
- Lewisville Lighthouse Church
- 1301 S. Old Orchard Road, Lewisville, Texas 75067
- 972-740-2055 or 972-839-7395
Denton Community Food Center
- Provides food from a central community storehouse for families and individuals in need.
- Mondays 10:30 AM - 12:30 PM
- Wednesdays 10:30 AM - 12:30 PM
- 306 N. Loop 288, Suite 400, Denton, Texas 76209
NorthTexas Food Bank
- Provides food assistance through senior programs, mobile pantry sites, locating a food pantry in your area, or by speaking to a social services assistant staff member.
- 3677 Mapleshade Lane, Plano, Texas, 75075
- SNAP Application Assistance
The Friendship House
- Provides relief and offers transformational opportunities to help individuals and families with food assistance.
- To make an appointment to receive free food, please call 972-512-3838.
- 3733 N. Josey Lane, Suite 103, Carrollton, Texas
Tarrant Area Foodbank
- Tarrant Area Food Bank's Community Resource Specialists help families and individuals apply for food assistance, financial assistance and healthcare.
- Contact a specialist today at 1-866-430-6143
- 2600 Cullen Street, Fort Worth, Texas, 76107
- A not-for-profit pediatric clinic that provides primary care pediatric health services with a highly competent and bilingual staff of medical professionals, trained office staff, and dedicated volunteers.
- PediPlace sees patients by appointment only. Please call 972-436-7962, or submit an online request HERE, to make an appointment.
- 502 S. Old Orchard Lane, Suite #126, Lewisville, Texas 75067
Primary Care Clinic of North Texas
- Provides medical care to uninsured adults in DFW.
- View services and pricing HERE
- 560 W. Main Street, Suite #201, Lewisville, Texas 75057
Denton County Public Health
- Provides preventive public health services for Denton County residents.
- Eligibility for most services is based on income, resources, residency, etc.
- 190 N. Valley Parkway, Lewisville, Texas 75067
- To make an appointment, call 972-434-4700
Centers for Disease Control
- 1-800-CDC-INFO (1-800-232-4636)
- For emergency services, please call 911
Health Services of North Texas
- HSNT's Denton Medical Center is currently being used for sick visits only.
- Request an appointment online HERE or call 940-381-1501
- 4308 Mesa Drive, Denton, Texas 76207
MD Medical Group - Lewisville
Mental Health Resources
CHOICES Family Center
- The CHOICES Family Center is a free counseling program for all LISD students and families.
- Services are provided in English and Spanish by licensed mental health professionals and/or certified school counselors.
- Sessions will be held at the CHOICES offices at the Lewisville Learning Center (LLC) from Monday – Thursday.
- Sessions will not be held on school holidays.
- Appointments are available in-person for all ages and virtually for middle school and high school students.
- Contact the CHOICES office for more information or to schedule an appointment 469-948-8680.
Denton County MHMR Center
- Denton County MHMR Center is a local Non-Profit Community Center specializing in the treatment of and service delivery to individuals in Denton County with a mental health diagnosis or a developmental disability diagnosis.
- Crisis Hotline: 1-800-762-0157
Here for Texas
- A comprehensive database of all North Texas Mental Health Providers
Bricolage Behavioral Health
- Provides individualized teen therapy and adolescent counseling, safety-first mental health services for minors and support for secondary issues like addiction and academic struggles.
- Schedule a consultation online HERE or call 469-968-5700.
- 3204 Long Prairie Road, Suite A, Flower Mound, Texas 75022
- Carrollton Springs is a behavioral health hospital that provides inpatient and outpatient programs for those facing mental health and addiction challenges.
- 2225 Parker Road, Carrollton, Texas 75010
Connections Wellness Group
- Provides services including partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient programs, psychiatry and medication management, an eating disorder program and therapy for the individual, couples and family.
Dallas Behavioral Healthcare Hospital
- Provides psychiatric stabilization and dual diagnosis treatments for adolescent and adult patients in the Dallas metroplex.
- For 24/7 no cost, confidential assessments, call 972-982-0897
- 800 Kirnwood Drive, DeSoto, Texas 75115
Excel Center of Lewisville
- Serving ages 5 - 18, Excel is a specialized day treatment center meeting the emotional and behavioral needs of children and adolescents.
- 401 N. Valley Parkway, Lewisville, Texas 75067
Haven Behavioral Hospital
- Provides mental health and substance abuse treatment.
- Call 24/7: 469-535-6298
- 5680 Frisco Square Blvd., Frisco, Texas 75034
- Provides mental health programs for children and teens.
- Call 24/7: 817-405-6195
Mental Health Books for Children
- Visit the Child Mind Institute's website for a list of more than 40 children's books about mental health.
Perimeter Behavioral Hospital of Arlington
- An acute inpatient psychiatric hospital in Arlington, Texas treating children (5-12) and adolescents (13-17).
- Call 24/7: 817-662-6342
- 7000 US Highway 287, Arilington, Texas 76001
Perimeter Behavioral Hospital of Dallas
- A behavioral health hospital providing inpatient psychiatric treatment for children and teenagers ages 5-17, as well as senior adults ages 55 and older.
- Call 24/7: 972-370-5518
- 2696 West Walnut Street, Garland, Texas 75042
Santé Center for Healing
- Provides treatment for individuals and families who seek recovery from addictive behaviors, with the goal of long-term recovery.
- 914 Country Club Road, Argyle, Texas 76226
- Offers a variety of care and treatment services for adolescents and adults who are dealing with psychiatric conditions.
- Call 24/7: 940-320-8100 or 1-888-320-8101
- 2026 W. University Drive, Denton, Texas 76201
Texas Health and Human Services
- Connects Texans who qualify for important services, including SNAP food benefits, Medicaid, and the Children's Health Insurance Program.
- Call 24/7: 1-833-986-1919
Dressed to Learn
- The Lewisville ISD Council of PTAs Dressed to Learn program provides clothing items to LISD students in need who may be experiencing: financial hardship, homelessness, parent/guardian unemployment, or home displacement due to fire, etc.
- Learn more by visiting LISDPTA.org
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cocaine Anonymous World Services website is CA.org
- The online service area of Cocaine Anonymous is CA-Online.org
Parent Support Group
- An online support group for parents and caregivers of teen and adult children who are experimenting or struggling with substances, or in early recovery.
- See more information and how to join HERE.