The School Age Parent Program (SAPP) provides pregnant and parenting teen mothers and fathers in LISD the support and resources needed to either remain in school or to return to school to finish their high school education.
Whether concerned over pregnancy issues or choosing to parent or place for adoption, assistance is available at all LISD middle school and high school campuses for exploring options and in providing services. The program will help these students complete their high school education, re-examine their life goals, and focus on the responsibilities of parenting and providing for their child.
The SAPP provides childbirth education to pregnant students, and parenting education to students who have a child, including teen fathers, who are enrolled in LISD. Classes offer instruction in prenatal care and child development as well as a peer support system under the guidance or direction of case managers and teachers. Academic achievement and attendance are closely monitored so that students may be successful in completing their education.
- Meeting health needs of pregnant student, parenting student and child
- Securing daycare and transportation
- Accessing alternative education at Lewisville Learning Center
- Case management
- RN/Child Birth Educators
- Social Workers
- Agency referrals
- Medicaid/CHIP/CHIP Perinatal
- Health and immunization clinics
- Home instruction
- Six weeks after delivery CEHI teacher
- Prenatal if medically required
- Parenting Education
- Elective course (2 credits total) available
- Support systems
- LISD counselors and nurses
469-948-7616 972-350-9349 1601 S. Edmonds Lane, Lewisville TX 75067