School Age Parent Program
P: (469) 948-8683 | F: (972) 350-9349 | Lewisville Learning Center 1601 S. Edmonds Ln. Lewisville, TX 75067
LISD School Age Parent Program (SAPP)
Personal wellness. Empowered students. Promising future. (LISD Vision)
SAPP provides pregnant and parenting students in all LISD middle and high schools with the support and resources needed to complete school, while equipping them for their future as college and career ready individuals with marketable skills, and helping them to become the best possible parents. SAPP provides childbirth education to pregnant students, parenting education to students who have a child, and case management.
Assistance is provided through case management, agency referrals, and prenatal (when medically necessary) and postnatal home instruction (according to TEA guidelines).
Program Referral & Entry:
- Referrals to the SAPP program may be made by a campus nurse, counselor, or other school official using the SAPP referral form. School staff can contact firstname.lastname@example.org if they do not have the referral link.
- Early referral is recommended.
- A SAPP staff member, generally one of the case managers, will meet with the student at her/his campus.
- A medical pregnancy verification is required before an intake can be completed and services initiated.
- SAPP serves all of LISD. Students may remain at their home campus while they receive SAPP services. Students may also choose to attend LLC and work with their home campus counselor to complete the application process.
- A SAPP student continues in the program until graduation.
- Students in all situations related to pregnancy and parenting are eligible for SAPP services.