Transition Services refers to a coordinated set of activities for a student with a disability, designed within an outcome-oriented process, which promotes movement from school to post-school activities including, but not limited to:
- Post-Secondary Education
- Vocational Assessment and/or Training
- Integrated Competitive Employment (including supported employment)
- College/Adult Education Support Services
- Work and Volunteer Experience
- Independent Living Skills
- Linkage to Community Agencies
Please contact the special education office at 469-713-5203 if you have questions about LISD transition services.
For a copy of The Texas Transition & Employement Guide, click HERE for English and HERE for Spanish. To access the Texas Transition website, please click HERE.
LISD Transition and Employment Designee: Dr. Lisa Davison, email@example.com
When does Transition begin?
When does Transition end?
Who is involved with Transition?
What is the purpose of Transition?
What are Transition Activities?