Making a difference - one child at a time.
We are committed to providing quality programming and services to our students with disabilities through collaborative partnerships with parents and staff.
What does the Starfish mean?
While wandering a deserted beach at dawn, stagnant in my work, I saw a man in the distance bending and throwing as he walked the endless stretch toward me. As he came near, I could see that he was throwing starfish, abandoned on the sand by the tide, back into the sea. When he was close enough I asked him why he was working so hard at this strange task. He said that the sun would dry the starfish and they would die. I said to him that I thought he was foolish. There were thousands of starfish on miles and miles of beach; one man alone could never make a difference. He smiled as he picked up the next starfish. Hurling it far into the sea he said, "It makes a difference for this one."
- Adapted from "The Star Thrower" by Loren Eiseley
For more information, choose the following option that best describes your situation:
P: (469) 713-5203 | email@example.com | 400A High School Dr., Lewisville, TX 75057
- A parent or guardian has the right to request a special education evaluation at any time. For more, view our Child Find information.
- TEA Survey for families - English | Spanish
- Compliance with Senate Bill 139, Notice to Families
- Parent Request for Compensatory Services
- Information regarding the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), Dyslexia, Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS), and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 can be found here.
- To view the TEA STAAR Parent Resources, click here. To view the TEA STAAR ALT 2 Parent Resources, click here.
- For additional information about dyslexia, see here.
- TEA is providing online accounts of $1,500 to parents of eligible students served by Special Education who have been impacted by COVID-19 school closures. For more information, click here.
The Special Education Information Center (SPEDTex) provides resources and interactive features for increasing family awareness of disabilities and special education processes, with the goal of improving partnerships between schools and families.