To support Lewisville ISD’s students, families, educators, board members, elected officials, and community members through local, state, and federal legislative research, feedback, and advocacy.
Membership in the Legislative Advocacy Committee (LAC) is intended to represent the numerous and diverse stakeholders that make up the LISD community. Membership will strive to include perspectives from students, parents, central administration, community members, classroom teachers, staff, and administrators. Representation across feeder patterns, grade levels, and content areas will also be considered. Interested applicants must complete an application to be considered for the LAC.
Members of the committee will have the following duties:
- Support the Board of Trustees and district leadership with the development of legislative priorities.
- Provide feedback on legislative proposals.
- Serve as legislative ambassadors in the Lewisville ISD community by effectively disseminating information regarding legislative activity provided by district staff.
- Participate in events with legislators and/or legislative staff.
Committee members are selected for one two-year term that begins in September and ends in August after two academic school years. There are no term limits, but all members must re-apply after each term. All members will agree to the following guidelines to secure their ongoing position with the Legislative Advocacy Committee:
- Attend no less than 75% of full committee meetings.
- Support LISD’s vision and mission statements, core beliefs, and goals.
- Commit to established meeting norms including maintaining a positive tone at meetings, demonstrating respect for others at all times, and staying solution-focused.
The full committee will meet four times during the academic school year. Additional subcommittee meetings may be established as needed to support legislative actions.
Applications are now being accepted for the 2020-2022 term. Committee selection will take place prior to the first meeting in mid-September. The application will remain open throughout the year to fill any positions that become available on the committee. Selected applicants will be notified via email.