Trade Credit Information
All LISD staff must earn trade credit over the course of the year from May 22 - March 31. The trade credit hours are in exchange for paid professional learning days that staff have off based on contract dates (August 2, November 22, and 23)
- All instructional professional staff must acquire 6 trade credits prior to or on August 2 for the August Trade Day on August 2.
- All LISD staff must complete 12 hours of learning outside of contract hours for the two paid professional learning days on the calendar for the first two days of Thanksgiving break
Summer Learning Sessions Details for Instructional Professional Staff
- All instructional professional staff must acquire a total of 6 trade credits prior to or on August 2 (Mandatory August learning + Optional sessions).
- The 6 trade credits of summer learning will consist of any MANDATORY August learning sessions based on teaching assignment and OPTIONAL sessions of your choice.
- The amount of MANDATORY August learning will differ based on your teaching assignment and range from 0-6 credits.
- Trade credit earned this summer exceeding 6 hours will be applied to the 12 trade credits needed for the November days. A total of 18 hours trade credit must be earned by March 31, 2022. (6 trade credits by August 2 + 12 trade credits by March 31)
- A complete list of options for trade credit can be found in Strive
- Click here to access the Elementary Summer Learning website for mandatory summer learning informatio
- Click here to access the Secondary Summer Learning website for mandatory summer learning information