Crisis and Response Express (CARE) Team
The Crisis and Response Express (CARE) team is coordinated by Monya Crow, Director of Guidance and Counseling Services. The team consists of approximately 40 counselors and psychologists from LISD who have received additional training for responding to schools who have a need for additional help when problems arise. Their role in crisis intervention is defined by the following:
- Respond to the demonstrated needs of students and staff in school.
- Priority is given to those who exhibit atypical behavior or emotions and are identified as “High Risk”. This would include close friends, family members, etc.
- Make referrals for those students or staff members who the Team deems need extra attention that has not been identified previously.
- Assist the School Crisis Team as needed, i.e., preparing letters and announcements, talking with classes or parents.
- Enabling staff and students to return to day-to-day learning activities as soon as possible.