Planning for your child's education can be a serious undertaking, but it is never too early to begin planning for your child's future. There are many things to consider when mapping out an education plan for your child:
Will your child continue their education in college or in a trade or technical school?
Does your child want to learn a career skill in order to enter the full-time workforce immediately after school?
Is your child interested in a technical field?
Below are the course description guides created as a resource to help you through course selection as you and your child begin planning for their future.
Academic Planning Resources:
Alternative Graduation Information
Former LISD Students: If you completed your credits but did not receive your diploma due to TAAS or TAKS testing, you may be eligible for a diploma!
If you believe you are eligible, contact the campus counselor or registrar for your high school. In order to be eligible, you must have one of the following forms of documentation:
- A copy of military service record (DD214)
- A transcript of college work earned since leaving high school
- A copy of GED/High School Equivalency Certificate
- A copy of any industry certification (ex: cosmetology, mechanics)
- A copy of ACT/SAT scores which meets the Alternate Assessment Standards