Transfers for the current 2017-2018 school year are closed except for those new to the district on a limited basis and those who have moved and wish to remain on their current campus. Please contact Community Services for a transfer request form in these circumstances - 469-713-5206
2018-2019 Open Transfer Window
Incoming Kindergarten Students February 20 - April 20
- Incoming Kindergarten students new to LISD may complete a transfer request as part of online new student enrollment. Click HERE to enroll!
- Current LISD Pre-K students entering Kindergarten next year may complete a transfer request through Skyward Family Access.
- Kindergarten transfer requests will be processed as received.
Current Students April 2 - April 20
- During this window transfer requests will be accepted for any current or new student.
- Any current LISD student may complete a transfer request through Skyward Family Access.
- Any new LISD student who did NOT complete the a transfer request as part of online new student enrollment will need to come to the Community Services office to make the request.
- Transfer requests will be processed by May 11
New Students Enrolling for Grades 1-12
- New students to LISD who will be in grades 1-12 next year may complete at transfer request as part of new student enrollment from February 20 - April 20. Click HERE to enroll
- Transfers will NOT be processed until the April 2-20 open window for all students.
- Pre-K programs are only offered on select campuses and pproval/denial is based on space availability
- Requests may be made at the Community Services office starting April 2
- Most transfers will not be processed until July/August
- A Pre-K transfer is only in effect during the student's prekindergarten years
Important information regarding transfers:
- Approval or denial of transfer requests is based on the following:
- Space availability of the campus requested
- Student must be passing all subjects/courses
- Student must have 95 percent attendance
- Student must have no persistent misbehavior, placement in the Disciplinary Alternative Education Program (DAEP) or expulsion
- School bus transportation is NOT provided to transfer students
- If the transfer request is approved, it is effective for all years remaining at the campus (in-district resident only) unless the campus becomes over capacity or if revoked by the principal, or as otherwise specified
Please review the full guidelines:
- In-district Transfer Guidelines
- In-district Transfer Guidelines (Spanish)
- Out of District Transfer Guidelines
- Out of District Transfer Guidelines (Spanish)
Transfer denial appeal process:
The following campuses may have limited, if any, capacity available for 2018-2019 transfers:
- Bluebonnet ES
- Coyote Ridge
- Lakeland ES
- Lewisville ES
- Camey ES
- Hicks ES
- Independence ES
- Wellington ES (exception for approved Language Immersion Program participants)
- Durham MS
- Delay MS
- McKamy MS
- Flower Mound High School 9th Grade Campus
- Lewisville HS - Main Campus
- Lewisville HS - Harmon Campus
- Lewisville HS - Killough Campus
For more information, contact LISD Community Services at (469) 713-5206 or visit us at 400 W. Main St. Lewisville, TX 75057