All student passwords were updated last school year to ensure complex passwords for grades K-12. Students will not need to reset their passwords for the 20-21 school year. If a child is in grade PK-5, please use this guide (English, Spanish, Chin) to show how to access your child’s password in Skyward Family Access.
- If a child is new to LISD (K-12), a complex password will be assigned to them. Parents can find this assigned password in Skyward Family Access.
- New students grades K-5 - the assigned password cannot be changed by the student.
- For students in K-5 in Virtual Learning, DO NOT change their password (unless password is compromised) because it will impact their access to Edgenuity
- New students 6-12 – students will be able to update their password to a complex password of their choice, to do so they should use the Password Change Tool.
- Returning 6-12 students, if they do not remember their password from the 19-20 school year and have previously enrolled in the Password Reset Service, they can reset their password using the Password Reset Tool. In addition, they can ask their teacher for help, or call the LISD Technology Helpdesk at 972-350-1833.
As a reminder, teachers, counselors, librarians, registrars, attendance clerks, and assistant principals have access to view a student's current password or reset a student's password. For assistance, please try reaching out to your campus.