LISD Technology Summer Care, Repair and Return Information
The following information includes important updates about the LISD Technology Department for parents of students with district-issued iPads.
Summer Information for the LISD Technology Repair Center (COVID-19)
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, appointments will be required in order to maintain social distancing. To schedule an on-site repair appointment please contact the LISD Technology Helpdesk at 972-350-1833, option 1. If you arrive early for your appointment, please remain in your vehicle until your scheduled appointment time.
The Technology Repair Center is in the LISD Administrative Center located at 1565A W. Main Street, Lewisville. Beginning on Tuesday, May 26, 2020, the Technology Department service entrance will be accessed through door #3, which is near the Southwest corner of the building, facing N. Garden Ridge Blvd. This will be the entrance to serve students and parents with iPad repairs and returns. In addition, designated parking will be available for customers near the door #3 entrance. LISD Technology Personnel will be inside and ready to assist as you enter.
Please review the following video for additional important information and further clarification.
Caring for Your District-Issued Device
- Be sure to bring your device inside, as cars heat up in the summer and are easy targets for theft
- It is imperative to use the district-provided case on your device. Devices not in the district issued case are not covered by the 1:X Replacement Benefit Program
- Keep your device away from water
- Users are expected to keep all LISD profiles on their device
- Keep the device battery charged
- If your device will be stored all summer, follow these tips from Apple:
- Keep iPads in a cool, moisture free room that is less than 90 ˚F (72 ˚F is optimum)
- Charge the battery to 50 percent, but do not fully charge it
- Power down the iPad to avoid additional battery use
What Do I Do If I Am Moving?
- If you are expecting to move during the summer and have not returned your device, please return it to the LISD Administrative Center at 1565A W. Main Street, Lewisville. Remember to bring the charging cable and power brick with you when you return your device. There will be a fee for peripherals not returned.
- Please call to schedule an appointment and use the entrance referenced above (Door #3) to drop off your device
- Devices not returned to LISD will be locked down and reported to authorities as stolen
I Need My District-Issued Device Repaired During the Summer
- District issued iPads must remain in a district provided case when bringing the device to the Repair Center. Any device not in a district provided case will not be covered by the 1:X Replacement Benefit Program and a fee will be assessed for the repair. If you were issued a keyboard with your device, it is considered part of the case
- 1:X Devices dropped off for repair will be exchanged with a replacement device. This is contingent on the student’s 1:X Replacement Benefit status. Devices that need to be repaired between May 26th - Aug. 6th may be serviced at the Technology Repair Center in the LISD Administrative Center at 1565A W. Main Street, Lewisville. Schedule an appointment and enter through Door #3 as referenced above. If you arrive early for your appointment, please remain in your vehicle until your scheduled appointment time
- Any devices dropped off for repair, but not picked up prior to Aug. 6th, will be delivered to its respective campus. However, this could result in a delay in receiving the repaired device
- If you know you need to have a repair completed, please do so well before Aug. 6th to prevent delays
- A picture ID will be required for pick up of all devices
Please Note that the LISD Administrative Center Will Be CLOSED:
- Closed on Fridays from June 5th through July 24th
Have a safe and relaxing summer!