Spanish Immersion Program for the 2020-2021 School Year--New Families
The first step in the enrollment process is to attend one parent information meeting as a requirement of the application. Details about the application process are discussed at the meeting.
Parent Information Meeting Dates for the 2020-2021 School Year:
- The first round of parent information meeting dates has already taken place. However, make-up sessions are available.
- Please click here for more information and dates.
- **Please refer to lisd.net/covid19 for changes to normal operations that affect information meeting dates. **. During the suspension of normal operations in LISD due to COVID-19, families can pre-apply using the application link.
Application for the Spanish Immersion Program for the 2020-2021 School Year:
- Application link: http://bit.ly/SIP2020-2021
- Application window: Opens January 28, 2020 until all spots are filled
- Responses to the applications will be given on a rolling basis beginning in February 2020 throughout the fall for complete applications (including attendance of a parent information meeting) until spaces are filled. Completing the application does not guarantee placement in the program.
- Each year, there are limited spots available in the Spanish Immersion Program. Requests are processed based on priority categories in the order in which they are received after attendance at an informational meeting. First grade placement may include other criteria. Transportation for the Spanish Immersion program is not provided. Students seeking placement for grade levels in 2nd grade or higher must qualify pending other criteria, which includes a formal assessment. You will be contacted to schedule an assessment during the summer.
For answers to frequent questions, please visit Spanish Immersion Program FAQ's.
Spanish Immersion Program for Siblings (Kinder/1st for the 2020-2021 School Year)--Returning Families
If your child is currently in the Spanish Immersion Program and he/she has a younger sibling going into Kinder or 1st grades in 2020-2021, the sibling is eligible for priority enrollment.
The priority enrollment window for siblings took place from December 2nd through December 20th, 2019. Families who did not enroll siblings during the priority window should submit an application during the regular application window which begins on January 28th, 2020. Please contact email@example.com for the application link after January 13th, 2020.
For the quickest response regarding enrollment questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 469-948-8155.