If your child was previously enrolled in LISD within the last year, withdrew, and is now reenrolling, please follow the steps below. If your child was previously enrolled in LISD more than a year ago, withdrew, and is now reenrolling, please click HERE for enrollment directions.
STEP 1: Contact the registrar at the campus the child will attend for an enrollment appointment. Elementary and middle school registrars do not return from summer break until July 28, at which time they will resume enrollment appointments.
Not sure which campus your child will attend? Use our School Locator.
You can find links to contact information for each campus registrar at http://www.lisd.net/registrars.
STEP 2: Bring the documents listed below and the campus will let you know if any other information needs to be updated when you meet with the registrar.
Documentation to bring to the campus
- Proof of residency - gas (home service), water, or electric bill from the the current or previous month
- Must show full address
- Must include one of the enrolling parent/guardian's full name
- What do I do If this is a new residence and a bill is not yet available? Bring one of the following instead (you will still need to provide the campus with a copy of the first bill when received to remain enrolled):
- gas, water, or electric service start up notice with the information above
- closing documents for a new home purchase
- fully executed contract on new home on which you have not yet closed + documentation of a closing date within the next six weeks
- fully executed rental lease agreement with a move-in date within the next six weeks
- Certified copy of the birth certificate or a valid passport
- Certified copy of the birth certificate or a valid passport (*per Texas Law students under the age of 11 must provide a birth certificate for enrollment)
- Social security card if not previously provided (optional)
- Immunization records if needed since previous enrollment- please visit our Health Services page for more information on required immunizations
- Enrolling parent or guardian driver's license, state ID, or passport
- Records from the most recent school where your child was enrolled (if available)
*If you have a special living situation that does not allow you to provide the required proof of residency, please contact the campus or our Community Services office for assistance.*
If you completed a transfer request, you will need to wait until the transfer is processed before scheduling an appointment at the campus to complete the enrollment process. Please visit our Transfers page for more information.