Dr. Lisa Davison is the Transition/Employment designee for LISD. Please contact her at 469-713-5203 if you have questions.
What Are Transition Services?
Transition Services refers to a coordinated set of activities for a student with a disability, designed within an outcome oriented process, which promotes movement from school to post-school activities including, but not limited to:
- Post-Secondary Education
- Vocational Assessment and/or Training
- Integrated Competitive Employment (including supported employment)
- College/Adult Education Support Services
- Work and Volunteer Experience
- Independent Living Skills
- Linkage to Community Agencies
Quick Links to Information
- Transition/Employment Services Guide
- Special Education Transition Guide for Parents & Students
- Texas 211 - Services for Individuals with Disabilities
- Special Education Transition FaceBook Page
- Fostering Self Determination: Ideas From Parents to Parents
- College for All Texans
- Transition in Texas
- Fall Transition Flyer
- Starfish Cafe Dates
- Texas Transition and Employment Guide (latest version) - also available in Spanish and device-friendly "E-Pub"