Now you can apply for free or reduced school meals online! The process is secure, easy and FREE, and in a few short steps you'll be done! Since the information you're providing is electronic we'll be able to review your application faster than ever before. Click on the link below to apply.
Do I Qualify?
Families that have a gross household income within the limits determined by federal government guidelines qualify for free or reduced-price meals. Only one application is needed for all children in your household that attend school in Lewisville ISD.
Special Program Participants
Families receiving benefits from any of the following special programs may be eligible for free meals:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
Families must complete the Free and Reduced-price Meal Application and include the Eligibility Determination Group (EDG) number in the application to be approved for Free Meals.
Children attending Head Start, Early Head Start, and Even Start are also eligible for free meals.
Foster, Homeless, runaway or Migrant Students
Foster children under the legal responsibility of a foster care agency or court are eligible for free meals regardless of the income of their resident household.
Students who meet the definition of homeless, runaway, or migrant qualify for free meals.
Your US citizenship or immigration status does not affect your eligibility for free or reduced price benefits.
All pre-kindergarten students automatically qualify for free meals.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. My student's application was approved last year. Do I need to fill out a new one for this year? Yes. An application is only good for that school year and for the first few days of this school year. Send in a new application unless the school has told you that your child is eligible for the new school year.
2. If I don't qualify now, may I apply later? Yes. Apply at any time during the school year. A child with a parent or guardian who becomes unemployed may become eligble for free and reduced-price meals if the household income drops below the income limit.
3. What if my income amount is not always the same? List the amount normally received. If a household member lost a job or had hours/wages reduced, use current income.
2019-2020 Meal Pricing
Child Nutrition Charging Policy
All students are allowed to charge up to 5 reimbursable breakfasts and 5 reimbursable lunches.
Students are not allowed to charge for a la carte purchases at any time.
Non-students will not be allowed to charge at any time.
After the charging limit has been reached, a courtesy meal will be offered to the student.
Courtesy Breakfast: Toast, choice of milk, fruit & vegetable sides student chooses
Courtesy Lunch: Sunbutter sandwich, choice of milk, fruit & vegetable sides student chooses
Parents/guardians are responsible for meal payment to the child nutrition program. As a student account balance approaches zero, the Child Nutrition staff verbally alerts the student. In addition, notices of low and deficient balance will be sent to parents/guardians at regular intervals during the school year.
Parents/guardians are also able to set up further notifications and monitor balances at: https://lewisville.revtrak.net
If a student is without money on a consistent basis, the administration will investigate the situation more closely and take further action as needed.
If financial hardship exists, parents and families are encouraged to apply for free and reduced price meals for their child throughout the school year.
For any questions please contact the Child Nutrition Department; Si necesita ayuda, por favor llame al teléfono:
Email: CN@lisd.net; Phone: 469-713-5207