Free & Reduced Program
For additional assistance, please contact the Child Nutrition Department at 469-713-5207.
Schools require family applications for the Free and Reduced Program for the 2023-2024 school year. The Free and Reduced Program is available to all eligible families, providing discounts and waivers to ensure our students receive the support they need.
- Free and reduced-price meals for the 23-24 school year and for the first 30 days of the 24-25 school year
- District waivers and discounts including iPad fees, reduced Fine Arts district instrument usage fees, Extended School Day (ESD) fees and more
- College readiness waivers and discounts including SAT, ACT and AP exam fees and college application fees
- Discounts on home internet costs, and more!!!
Apply now to ensure your student receives these benefits for the 2023-2024 school year. Please note, online applications are processed faster than paper applications.
Am I eligible?
Families that have a gross household income within the limits determined by federal government guidelines qualify for the Free and Reduced Program. Only one application is needed for all children in your household who attend LISD schools.
Additionally, families receiving benefits from any of the following special programs may be eligible for the Free and Reduced Program:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
Families must complete the Free and Reduced Program application and include their Eligibility Determination Group (EDG) number in the application to be approved.
Foster, Homeless, Runaway or Migrant Students
Foster children under the legal responsibility of a foster care agency or court are eligible for the Free and Reduced Program regardless of the income of their resident household. Students who meet the definition of homeless, runaway, or migrant qualify. Your U.S. citizenship or immigration status does not affect your eligibility.
Families must complete the Free and Reduced Program application and include the Eligibility Determination Group (EDG) number in the application to be approved.
Children attending Head Start, Early Head Start, and Even Start are also eligible for the Free and Reduced Program. Pre-K Families wishing to access the Free and Reduced Program should complete an application.