Frequently Asked Questions about our Extended School Day Program.
ESD will be closely monitoring the constant changes made to mitigate efforts in elementary schools and we will work closely with the campus administration to create seamless operations between the school day and ESD.
Where does the Extended School Day Program take place?
The program takes place at the school your child attends.
What are the hours of Extended School Day?
Extended School Day starts from the time that school is dismissed until 6:30 p.m. each day.
- The program coincides with the LISD academic calendar; therefore, the program is not in operation during school holidays or school in-service days.
- On scheduled LISD Early Release Days, i.e., last day of school, etc., ESD will start at dismissal time and remain open until 6:30 PM, unless communicated otherwise.
- In the event of early dismissal of school due to inclement weather or emergency closing, the parent/guardian or other designated person will be expected to pick up the child at the announced closing time, or as soon as possible.
What do the children do in Extended School Day?
A typical day in Extended School Day includes:
- Snack Time
- Playground/ Gym time
- Arts and Crafts
- Games and Centers
Where do I pick up my child?
You will pick up at the designated ESD entrance. Please ring the doorbell for assistance. You need to have your Driver’s License or Photo ID readily available when picking up your child.
How do I add people to my child’s pick-up list?
Other people can pick up your child once you have added them to your Eleyo account. First sign in to your account at lisd.ce.eleyo.com. Next, click on manage your online account, then click on your account. Click on manage authorized pickcups on the left. Click add authorized pickup, enter the person's name and phone number, then click save authorized pickup.
Please note, ESD staff do not have access to your child's Skyward approved pickup list.You must add them to Eleyo.
Who are the ESD staff?
Each Extended School Day program site is staffed with an experienced Campus Leader and one or more aides depending on the program enrollment. All staff members participate in an orientation and campus leaders receive monthly in-service training.
The ESD staff are typically college students majoring in education, but they can also include high school seniors and retired teachers. ESD staff are Lewisville ISD employees and background checked.
ESD programs and staff are monitored by one of our four ESD Zone Supervisors, Click here for our ESD Zone Supervisor's contact information.
What is the student to teacher ratio?
The average adult-child ratio in the program is 1:14, although it could grow to 1:20 at certain times or for certain activities.
Is there homework time?
Homework time is built into the beginning of ESD. Our staff will be present to answer questions, but it is up to the child to let them know if they have homework or not. We do not provide one on one tutoring.
What should I send as a snack?
ESD provides a snack and a drink. You can choose to send something from home. Healthy snacks are preferred.
How do I handle questions or concerns?
- General questions can be directed to our main ESD office, 469-713-5997 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Campus-specific concerns should be discussed with your child’s ESD Campus Leader.
- If you have additional questions or concerns, please contact your ESD Zone Supervisor. Click here for ESD Office staff contact information.
Will I receive ESD tuition credit for my child's absence caused by COVID quarantine?
No, we don't offer tuition credits or refunds for absences caused by illness or COVID quarantine.
What are the reporting requirements for COVID exposures in ESD?
Families will receive a notification from ESD if the program has a lab-confirmed positive case of COVID.