• Important Information

    Changes to your W-4

    Please verify the FWT amount being deducted when making changes to your W-4 form.

    The Payroll Department makes every effort to ensure information is correct, but it is the employee's responsibility to review their deductions for accuracy especially if changes are made. 

    Retiring from LISD

    I want to retire, what do I do?
    Contact the Texas Teacher Retirement System and request a retirement packet, there will be forms for you to complete and one form the payroll department will need to complete for you. You can also call TRS at 800-223-8778.

    When will I receive my final pay check?
    If you are working to the end of your 2020-2021 calendar days:

    • 12-Month employee’s final check is June
    • 11-Month employee’s final check is July
    • 10-Month employee’s final check is August

    If I retire, when is my retirement date?
    Your retirement date will be your last contract day

    What does payroll need?
    Please send TRS 7 Form - Notice of Final Deposit to the Payroll Department


    I changed my name, how do I change it with LISD?
    Once you receive your new social security card, bring it to the Payroll office and we will take care of the changes. We are located in building A of the administration building.

    When do I start work in the 2021-2022 school year?
    You can check your start date here --> 2021-2022 calendar days!

    Why isn't Social Security taken out?
    Under the Windfall Elimination Provision, your earnings are not covered under Social Security.

    I need to change my address! What do I do?
    Please complete a change of address on Employee Self Service

    What deductions are required?
    There are four deductions that are mandatory.

    Full-time employees deductions include Medicare, Federal Tax, TRS, and TRS Care.

    Temporary and substitute employees have MedicareFederal Tax, and 457 Fica Alt.

    My bank account has been closed. What do I do?
    Please call the payroll departmet at 972-350-4736 as soon as possible (at least 4 business days before pay day) to minimize the delay in receiving your pay. We will issue you a one time check and new Direct Deposit information will need to be provided to the Payroll Department. 

     dont forget

    Keep your contact information up to date in Employee Self Service.

    • Use your regular LISD user ID and password to Log In to Employee Self Service.
    • Once you are logged in to ESS, click on “Personal Information” on the left side of the screen and you will be in the “General” section.
    • Click on the "Contact" to edit your Address, Emergency Contacts and Telephone numbers
    • It is your responsibility to keep your contact information up to date


    Accessing and Changing W-2 Delivery

    • Access to electronic W-2s is only available to currently active LISD employees through Employee Self Service.
    • If you elected electronic delivery of your W-2, you may still obtain a paper copy of the W-2 by printing it from the email attachment or from ESS.
    • If your employment at LISD ends, you will no longer have access to electronic W-2s. You will need to email the Payroll Department to get a copy.
    • To change the delivery method of your W-2, click on the “Tax form delivery” section
    • Select the “Mail” option if you want your printed W-2 form delivered via LISD interoffice mail.
    • Select the “Primary email” if you want your W-2 form delivered to your LISD email address.