Lewisville ISD welcomes Student Teachers during the Fall and Spring Semesters. To request placement for student teaching, please follow the steps below. Please note that students may not contact campus teachers or principals directly, as all requests flow through the university or program representative. Requests will be considered for placement that follow the application process. Placement availability is limited, therefore, we ask that placement requests be made as soon as possible.Both the Criminal Background Check and the LISD Placement Application must be completed.
- District Guidelines- Review District Guidelines for Student Teachers in LISD.
- Application - Print a copy of the required District application to request placement, complete the form, and submit it to the program supervisor. This application will be used to secure appropriate assignments for each student teacher/student observer. [Please Note: Only requests accompanied by a District application will be processed.]
- An application is required for each change in program status, e.g. going from a student observer to a student teacher in the district; however, student teachers/student observers completing dual assignments are not required to submit a new application when making a rotation change. This is not the case with the Criminal Background applicaton which is good for 3 school years.
- Criminal Background Check - Before leaving this site, complete and submit the Criminal Background Check form. Remember, requests for placement will not be processed until the results of the CBC have been received. Individuals currently employed by LISD are not required to submit an additional Criminal Background Check form.
- Direct all questions regarding student teacher placements in LISD to your college program director (or designee).
Important Student Teacher Dates 2020-2021
Student Teacher Orientation (Attendance Required - Please email HeierS@lisd.net if there is a scheduling conflict)
Monday, January 11, 2021 - This is being held virtually due to COVID-19 restrictions.
You will be sent an invitation via WebEx to attend and additional details.
9:00 am-11:00 am
*Student Teachers are responsible for reviewing Student Teacher Handbook - see link below
Student Teacher Seminar (for current LISD Student Teachers)
Thursday, March 4, 2021
Lewisville ISD Administrative Center
1565A W. Main Street
Lewisville, TX 75067
4:00 pm - 5:30 pm