Goals & Objectives
Texas State Plan for the Education of Gifted and Talented
In 1990, the State Plan for the Education of Gifted/Talented Students was adopted by the Texas State Board of Education and revised in 2019. The State Plan forms the basis of G/T services and accountability in LISD.
LISD Gifted and Talented Mission
We will strive to identify and engage a diverse population of Gifted/Talented students, build relationships that support student growth, ignite within students a desire for learning, and provide services and supports to meet students' unique social-emotional and educational needs every day.
We believe that Gifted and Talented students...
- Benefit from shared family, community, and school partnerships in developing individualized services.
- Possess unique social-emotional and educational needs that must be addressed for overall success.
- Deserve the opportunity to explore their unique passions and capabilities.
- Need families, educators, and community members to have ongoing learning equipping them to support the whole child.
- Value and need opportunities to work with like-minded peers.
- Are present in all populations and cultures.
- Require flexibility in systems and services.
Our Guiding Documents for the Gifted and Talented Program in LISD are available and attached below: