Contact us: Phone: (469) 948-8227 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lewisville ISD's prekindergarten program serves little curious and eager minds with a hands-on learning experience aimed at nurturing a love of learning. Every prekindergarten class in LISD has a certified teacher and a trained paraprofessional who work together to provide enriching experiences for our students.
Find the 2023-24 campus with prekindergarten that you are zoned for HERE.
Free, Full Day State-Funded Prekindergarten in LISD
LISD serves eligible four-year-old students in full-day state-funded prekindergarten classes. Students must be 4 years old on/before September 1 of the school year for PreK enrollment and qualify by one or more of the criteria listed below. LISD does not enroll 3-year-old students into PreK.
Bus transportation is not provided for PreK.
2024-25 PreK enrollment and qualification will begin April 1, 2024. LISD promoted a PreK enrollment week April 8 - 12, 2024 on all campuses in LISD with PreK classes. Find the schools with prekindergarten that you are zoned for HERE.
Students qualify for free state-funded prekindergarten by one of the following criteria:
- Learning English as a second language
- Dependent of a member of the military on active duty, injured or killed while on active duty
- Currently or previously in state foster care
- Dependent of an individual who received the Star of Texas Award
You must provide the following documents to complete your child’s enrollment:
- Your child’s birth certificate
- Your ID
- Your proof of residency:
- Most recent Gas, Water, or Electric Bill -OR-
- Lease for an apartment or hotel or contract on a home signed within the last 30 days
- If you are living with someone whose bills are not in your name, we will have Residency Affidavits available; we will need the IDs of the parent/s and the bill owner to complete the affidavit.
- Your child’s immunization record
- Your child’s Social Security card, if you wish to provide this information
- If you may qualify for PreK through income, you will also need to provide your proof of household income (SNAP or TANF documentation or proof of income, including the most recent pay stubs for all income earning members of the household)
Tuition based prekindergarten options are available in Discovery Academy for families who live in the community, are PreK eligible or are employee children. Tution based Employee PreK classes can be found at Lillie J Jackson Early Childhood Center for children or grandchildren of LISD employees. Discovery Academy and Employee PreK serves both three and four-year-old students.
What schools have PreK?
Pre-K Attendance Zones
What documentation is required for enrollment in prekindergarten?
PreK Transfer Request
What are the PreK school hours?
Is PreK available for eligible 3 year old children?
Tuition-Based Extended-Day Pre-K