2021-22 School Year
One major question on the minds of students, families and staff members is what the start of the 2021-22 school year will look like. It is our intention to begin the next school year in a much more traditional way, in what most would consider a “typical” school environment. The final decision regarding restrictions before school starts is completely dependent on the health-related circumstances in our communities in late July and early August.
Considerations for our operational guidelines include:
- Refer to CDC school opening guidance
- Requirements related to contact tracing and quarantining will remain in effect
- Refer to TEA school opening guidance
- Refer to any state or local restrictions
- Analyze community transmission data and trends in collaboration with local health officials.
- Analyze available hospital occupancy data, ICU bed availability, etc in collaboration with local health officials
- Analyze school data in collaboration with local health officials.