Bus Rider's Safety Contract
Dear Parents and Bus Riders:
The goal of this contract is to help provide a safe and enjoyable experience for children who ride school buses. Parents should take time to read and discuss the contract with their children. Riding a school bus is a privilege provided by the school district and should be treated as such. Please complete the student information form and return it to your driver within three days.
EXPECTED STUDENT CONDUCT
Each School Bus Passenger Should:
- Be under the direct authority of the bus driver.
- Follow the bus driver’s instructions – including seat assignment.
- Be kind, considerate, and respectful to others.
- Be at the bus stop at least five (5) minutes before, but not more than ten (10) minutes prior to the bus time.
- Students are not allowed to get off at any stop other than their own, or ride another bus without consent from the bus barn. Only in an emergency, after parents contact the school and the bus barn, can a student change stops or routes.
- Be in their assigned seat and stay seated until designated stop. Wear seatbelt at all times while bus is moving.
- Keep hands and feet, books, and all other objects out of the aisle at all times.
- Refrain from swearing, rude gestures, and teasing (verbal or non-verbal). Use appropriate language at all times. Bullying will not be tolerated.
- Do not throw objects in or out of the bus.
- Follow the student code of conduct for LISD at all times.
- Keep noise and activity at low level to avoid distracting the driver.
- Parents/designees of kindergarten and 1st grade students must be present at the stop to receive students or they will be returned to campus; failure to receive student three times will result in removal from the bus.
*Texas Central School Bus drivers are made aware of any medical alerts that students may have if the parent/guardian has indicated to LISD, through its Health Services Department, that they wish for their child’s bus driver to be aware of a medical condition. If a medical emergency arises, the drivers are instructed to pull the bus over safely and contact 911. Any medical assistance and/or treatment required will be provided by the authorized medical personnel responding to the emergency call.