Student Transportation Eligibility Requirements
LISD board policies deem that in order for a student to receive transportation services, he or she must be eligible based on specific criteria determined by the school board. The board outlines district policies in accordance with state and federal regulations for student transportation to ensure that students are served in a fair and equitable manner.
A student is deemed eligible for transportation if he or she meets at least one of the following criteria:
He or she…
- Resides more than 2 miles from his/her home campus
Resides less than 2 miles from his/her home campus, BUT are in an area that has been deemed hazardous by the school board. On June 14, 2021, the LISD Board of Trustees deemed the following areas as hazardous for the 2021-2022 school year:
- Has been approved to receive special transportation by an ARD committee or identified as being homeless by the district liaison under the McKinney-Vento Act
- Is enrolled in another district-specific program for which transportation is required due to specific program needs
A student is not eligible for transportation if he or she falls into one of the categories below:
He or she…
- Is a transfer student
- Is a student that lives within 2 miles of his/her home campus
- Is a Pre-Kindergarten student
All guiding documents regarding the specifics for the provision of student transportation services in LISD can be found in the LISD Board Policy Online at the following link: http://pol.tasb.org/Policy/Search/384?filter=transportation.