- Visit the Lewisville Lake Environmental Learning Area (LLELA)
- Hike the Bittern Marsh Trail or Blackjack Trail.
- Make observations and connections related to environmental changes over time, energy transfers, patterns of human impact and systems maintaining balance.
- Visit the Lewisville Aquatic Ecosystem Research Facility (LAREF).
- Conduct macroinvertebrate studies at research ponds.
- Test water quality.
- Observe and explore plant and animal adaptations including those od aquatic and terrestrial plants.
- Visit Ritter Cemetery.
- Make historical connections to the settlers of the Lewisville Lake area.
- Observe and classify trees in the area.