Effective January 10, 2019 -- Lewisville ISD External PE has moved to the new LISD Administration Welcome Center located at 1565 C West Main St., Lewisville 75067.
The purpose of LISD's External Physical Education program is to accommodate secondary students who are making a serious effort to develop higher-level skills allowing them to be involved in a physical education program that provides training exceeding that which is offered in our school district. Students may apply to receive PE credit at an approved off-campus private or commercially sponsored physical activity program.
The physical activities available to students are Olympic-type activities approved by the Texas Education Agency (TEA) and are not offered in LISD physical education classes or athletics. Students involved in Archery, Badminton, Clay Targets, Dance, Equestrian, Fencing, Gymnastics, Ice Hockey/Dance, Lacrosse, Martial Arts, Rock Climbing, Rowing, Synchronized Swimming, Golf (middle school only), Softball (middle school only), Swimming (middle school only), and Wresting (middle school only) may apply for PE credit.
- LEVEL I requires a minimum of 15 hours of participation a week in an approved off-campus activity; the student is dismissed one period during the school day by arriving late or leaving early to attend the activity.
- LEVEL II is a minimum of 5 hours per week of participation; the student may not be dismissed from any part of the school day.
More information regarding the External PE program can be found in the External PE FAQ's.
- YOU MUST SUBMIT AN APPLICATION and pay a fee in order to be admitted into the External PE program.
- Complete the online application (link below) or print the paper version of the student application (link below) to begin the admission process.
- Online applications will be reviewed within 24 hours during the school week. Consider 5-7 days for review of mailed applications.
- Paper submissions of the student application should be mailed or delivered to External PE at LISD Welcome Center, 1565 C West Main St., Lewisville 75067.
- After submitting the student application, you must print and have the facility instructor fill out the Activity Agreement & Verification Forms
- Activity Agreement & Verification Forms should be mailed to the above address or scanned to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Completed student applications and fees are due prior to the start of the semester or 9 weeks for which you are applying. No application will be accepted after the end of the third day (4:30 p.m.) of the new grading period.
- Please note, fees are non-refundable.
- You may now pay fees online here.
- Below you will find a list of Approved Facilities for 2019-20. You will need the Facility Code # when applying.
- For a private or commercially sponsored physical education program to be approved, the facility must meet guidelines set by LISD.
- All instructors must provide 9 week grades, maintain attendance records for participating students, and complete a background check every three years.
- Facility Applications for the 2020-21 school year must be submitted for approval to the LISD External PE program by May 20, 2020. (We are no longer accepting applications for the 2019-20 school year)
- Please contact Debra McDonald at email@example.com for more information.
- Online Application (Must submit in order to begin the admission process)
- Student Application - Paper version (Please print to fill out and deliver or mail to External PE at LISD Welcome Center, 1565 C West Main St., Lewisville 75067)
- Activity Verification & Agreement Forms (Please print and have facility instructor fill out. Scan to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Online fee payment here
- Approved Facilities
- Facility Approval Instructions