Effective October 1, 2015--All Applications & Fees should be submitted to the SSAB at 400 W. Main Street Lewisville, TX 75057
The purpose of Lewisville ISD's External Physical Education program is to accommodate secondary students who are making a serious effort to develop higher-level skills allowing them to be involved in a physical education program that provides training exceeding that which is offered in our school district. Students may apply to receive PE credit at an approved off-campus private or commercially-sponsored physical activity program.
The physical activities available to students are Olympic-type activities approved by TEA and are not offered in LISD physical education or athletics. Students involved in Archery, Clay Targets, Dance, Equestrian, Fencing, Gymnastics, Ice Hockey, Martial Arts, Lacrosse, Rock Climbing, Golf (middle school only), Softball (middle school only), and Swimming (middle school only) may apply for PE credit.
- Level I requires a minimum of 15 hours of participation a week in an approved off-campus activity; the student is dismissed one period during the school day by arriving late or leaving early to attend the activity.
- Level II is a minimum of 5 hours per week of participation; the student may not be dismissed from any part of the school day.
- Student applications are due prior to the start of the semester or 9 weeks for which you are applying. No application will be accepted after the end of the third day (4:30 p.m.) of the new grading period. Please note, fees are non-refundable.
- Student Applications and forms have been updated. Please use "Revised Sept. 2015" forms only.
- All forms should be submitted to the LISD Special Services Administration Building (SSAB) at 400 W. Main Street, Lewisville 75057.
- Please see Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
- For a private or commercially sponsored physical education program to be approved, the facility must meet guidelines set by LISD. All instructors must complete a Background Check, provide 9 week grades and maintain attendance records for participating students.
- Below you will find a list of approved facilities for 2017-18. **WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING FACILITY APPLICATIONS FOR 2017-18.** The new deadline for Facility applications for the 2018-19 school year should be submitted for approval to the LISD External PE Program by June 1, 2018.