1. Q. Can a student take summer school classes to accelerate his/her learning in order to meet personal goals such as early graduation?
A. LISD Summer School is for credit recovery only. Only students who have failed a core class may enroll.
2. Q. Will busing be available for students attending summer school?
A. First Student Transportation will provide service to Lewisville Harmon 9th and 10th Grade Campus at a cost of $125.00 per student. Bus routes will be available at registration.
3. Q. We have a family vacation planned that overlaps with summer school. Will it be a problem if my student misses a portion of the session?
4. A. Because the summer school program is intensified, students should arrange to attend each course for which he/she is registered. Students who anticipate any planned absence (vacation, non-school related camps, etc.) during the summer term should not enroll.
5. Q. Will there be meals available for the students?
A. Breakfast and lunch will be provided by Child Nutrition at no cost to the student.
6. Q. Does LISD allow out of district students to attend summer school?
A. Out of District students living within LISD boundaries who are not currently enrolled in LISD are welcome to enroll for summer classes for credit recovery.