The Special Education Family Center is an evening program, offered on Tuesdays during the school year at the Purnell Support Center, designed to provide additional support to special education eligible students and their families. Family counseling services and Parent & Youth Resource Skills Training programs are available on a limited basis and are provided free of charge to eligible families. Families may be referred to the Special Education Family Center by any LISD staff member (e.g., special education counselor, campus diagnostician, or LSSP). Pre-registration for sessions is required.
Please contact Sharon Painter at (469) 948-8650 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Held at the Purnell Support Center at 136 W. Purnell Street, Lewisville, TX from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
The Lewisville ISD Special Education Department presents a series of evening events dedicated to assisting families of children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Each evening will consist of three programs presented simultaneously and designed to educate and support families of children with ASD. FOCUS is open to families with children who receive Special Education services under the category of Autism and who reside within Lewisville ISD. All programs are free of charge.
Registration is required every month. Registrations will be accepted until 4:00 p.m. the Tuesday prior to each Thursday program. To register, please call our secretary, Vera Salim, at the Purnell Support Center at (469) 948-8536. Every participant must be registered each month. Childcare will be provided by LISD staff and volunteers for children who are under six years of age.
- Procedural Safeguards - English (July, 2018)
- Procedural Safeguards - Spanish (July, 2018)
- Parent's Guide to the ARD Process - English (July 2018)
- Parent's Guide to the ARD Process - Spanish (July 2018)
- Texas Parent Guide for Students with Disabilities
- Special Education Dispute Resolution Handbook
- Texas Project FIRST
- Parent Coordination Network
- Partners Resource Network
- Region 20 Standards-Based IEP Training (Free, must create log-in)
- US Department of Education
- Parent Resources by Region
- Know Your Rights - Brief Guide to the Notice of Procedural Safeguards