- All of our students enjoy thriving, productive lives in a future they create.
ADAPT (Alternative Discipline and Parent Training) is an effort to provide assistance to LISD students/families develop new and improved strategies to support parent and student engagement.
Where are the classes held?
Hebron High School (Monday)
The Colony High School (Tuesday)
Lewisville High School (Wednesday)
What time are the classes?
Classes are from 6:30 to 8:00 pm
When can I start attending the classes?
Parents/Guardians will be contacted by the CHOICES staff to schedule a start date AFTER the signed contract is completed in Skyward Family Access by the parent.
How many sessions will students/families attend?
There are 3 classes for the student and 3 classes for the parents. Classes are held at the same time.
What will the ADAPT classes cover?
- Rules, Boundaries, and Consequences
- Open communication and conflict resolution
- Coping skills and anger management
What if I have to miss a class?
Call the CHOICES office at 469.948.8680 as soon as possible and they will help you reschedule.
- Student(s) are expected to actively participate in classes to receive credit.
- Student(s) will be asked to refrain from technology use during class.
Upon completion, the referring campus administrator will be notified via email by CHOICES staff.
For more information, please call the CHOICES office at 469.948.8680
COVID-19 Safety Protocols:
- Masks Required
- Physical distancing - all meeting participants will be 6 feet apart
- Only 1 parent required/permitted
- Secondary Groups will be limited to 10 participants