Lewisville ISD I Statements
Lewisville Independent School District is dedicated to producing students who are communicators, problem solvers, and self-directed learners.
I model lifelong learning.
- Seek out personalized learning to demonstrate continuous growth.
- Reflect on and share my learning with others.
I ensure learning is based on defined standards.
- Provide meaningful experiences in academic and non-academic areas.
- Measure learning outcomes and adjust instruction based on student needs.
I create an environment optimal for learning.
- Create a safe environment to allow students to take risks and learn from mistakes.
- Intentionally teach classroom structure and routines.
- Differentiate instruction for all students.
I ensure that learners are actively engaged in meaningful and relevant work.
- Model and expect questioning and reflection.
- Engage all learners.
I embrace innovation with a flexible, relevant, and solution-oriented mindset.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for innovation.
- Seek creative solutions to constraints.
I have a mind for practicing efficient use of resources.
- Utilize resources for the greatest student and staff impact.
- Stay current with professional practices.
I use resources in an effective and efficient way that serves others.
- Commit to campus and district goals in making resource allocation decisions.
- Strategically plan professional learning related to campus and district goals.
- Prepare early and anticipate organizational needs.
I create safe and inclusive opportunities.
- Create meaningful and positive relationships with all students.
- Know and practice all safety protocols.
I nurture each learner as an individual and as a citizen of the community.
- Model and maintain a culture of respect.
- Find and promote students’ passion and interest.
I seek and encourage talent development.
- Implement hiring practices that reflect LISD vision and mission.
- Provide authentic learning experiences that acknowledge and build upon talents and strengths.
I collaborate, communicate, and persevere.
- View challenges as opportunities.
- Create formal and informal opportunities to communicate our learning.
- Work as a team and build partnerships across all areas.
I engage in work that directly and indirectly creates positive experiences for learners.
- Be positive and encouraging every day.
- Turn personal interests into learning experiences.
I go above and beyond to serve.
- Seize the opportunity to serve outside the school day to build relationships.
- See business and community partnerships to engage students.
- Model community service to students.
I seek out accurate information to represent my classroom.
- Seek new and accurate information consistently and actively.
- Represent LISD and my profession in a positive manner.
I communicate with all stakeholders to understand diverse perspectives.
- Practice active listening regarding differing opinions.
- Understand the diverse backgrounds of the community to build relationships.
- Demonstrate care and respect for others.
I actively involve community partners in campus and district initiatives.
- Recognize and appreciate community contributions to the schools, students and district.