Lewisville High School Counseling Office
School Code: 444-135
Hours: Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.
Welcome to the LHS Counselor Website!
This site is updated weekly and is full of helpful information. Check out the tabs to the left for tons of the latest information to help you in your college and career search. Reference the table below to determine your counselor, then contact your counselor and let them get to know you. They are a valuable asset in helping to answer college admission questions and/or assisting you with any of your post-graduate options. If you need information that is not available here, let your counselor know and we will be happy to help you.
UNT G-Force Virtual Go Center
Students----If you are needing any assistance with college applications, financial aid processes (FAFSA & TAFSA), or post-graduation plans, the UNT G-Force Mentorship Virtual Go Center is available Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. - 8 p.m. CST. Visit through the live chat at: https://outreach.unt.edu/g-force beginning February 1st through April 16th. Take advantage of this awesome opportunity to have current college students help you and your family with all your post-grad plans even if you do not plan to go to UNT. Visit and chat today! UNT G Force Live Chat Flyer
Registration for 2021-2022
Course registration begins Tuesday, February 16th. Please click here for more information.
Students interested in taking DUAL CREDIT next year:It’s almost time to register for classes for the 2021-2022 school year! How would you like to take a class and receive high school AND college credit for it? Does that sound like something you would be interested in? If so, there will be a Webex meeting Tuesday (February 16th) at 7:00PM with Diane Mannion, NCTC Dual Credit Coordinator, and Debbie Lewis, LHS’s Career and College Counselor. They will be providing information and answering your questions.Students and/ or parents are encouraged to join us this Dual Credit meeting, Wednesday, February 24th @ 7:00 p.m.A Webex link to join the meeting will be sent out Tuesday morning to all junior students. Please plan to join us!
Virtual College Events & Visits
PDF Flyers: College Board Virtual Fair
Join us for Discover UTD Week —
UT Dallas’ premier open house event for prospective students and families. Each event will provide multiple sessions on Monday through Thursday from 4–7 p.m. with the opportunity to meet with an admissions counselor on Friday, allowing you to choose the sessions most important to you.
Monday, February 22–Friday, February 26 Register (Links to an external site.)
Monday, March 22–Friday, March 26 Register (Links to an external site.)
Monday, April 26–Friday, April 30 Register (Links to an external site.)
MEET WITH A UTD ADMISSION COUNSELOR and ask any questions you may have. The link below is to set up an appointment.
Thursday, February 25th
Registration Link: DARN SWING College Fair Link
Here are the list of universities that will be in attendance: Arizona State University, Auburn University, Bradley University, California Polytechnic, DePaul University, High Point University, Iowa State University, Louisian Tech University, Loyola University Chicago, Loyola University New Orleans, Lubbock Christian University, Midwestern State University, Ohio University, Oklahoma State University, Ouachita Baptist University, Purdue University, Temple University, Texas A&M University, Texas A&M Corpus Christi, Texas State University, Trinity University, University of Alabama, University of Alabama Birmingham, University of Arizona, University of Arkansas, University of Central Arkansas, University of Cinicinnati, University of Colorado Boulder, University of Illinios at Chicago, Univeristy of Iowa, University of Louisiana at Lafayette, University of Mississippi, University of Missour, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, University of South Carolina, University of Tennessee, University of Texas at Austin, Valparaiso University, Wabash College, Wichita State University
The Virtual Student Showcase will be held on the following dates and times:
- February 23rd– 6:00-8:00pm
- James I. Perkins College of Education
- Arthur Temple College of Forestry and Agriculture
- February 24th– 6:00-8:00pm
- Rusche College of Business
- College of Science and Mathematics
- February 25th– 6:00-8:00pm
- College of Fine Arts
- College of Liberal and Applied Arts
Not sure which college to attend?
Texas Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admission Officers
have made it easy!
- Search schools alphabetically
- View information about approximately 400 colleges
- 1st Register by clicking the link below: Register (Links to an external site.)
- Once registered, click on Menu in the top right corner, then View Info Sessions
- Then click on the green "Visit Colleges tab"
You will then see all the college icons listed you can choose from.
LHS Counselor Newsletters
Keep up to date with the latest information on colleges, scholarships, financial aid, graduation information, and other important items. Click on the Counselor Newsletter Tab to see all of our newsletters.
Parent Education Programs
Click on our parent education programs tab to see upcoming and past parent education programs sponsored by the LHS Counseling Department.
LHS College and Career Center
For more information and resources about your college search, visit the college page of this website.
Trying to find ways to pay for college? Click on the scholarships page of this website and check out all the scholarships still available. New ones are still coming in and will also be emailed to parents and students as we get them.
1. New resource for free College/Financial Aid Search: COLLEGE RAPTOR
2. For more information about Financial Aid, visit the financial aid page of this website.
3. TAFSA (Texas Application for Student Aid)---Texas has a financial aid application for students who are not United States citizens but who are Texas residents. To fill out this application, you must meet one of the following criteria: 1. You resided in Texas for 36 months/3 years before receiving a high school diploma or GED and lived with a parent/legal guardian; not a resident of another state or 2. You hold a visa that allows you to live in the United States and you or a parent must be employed in Texas for at least 12 months before enrolling in college.
Visit your local college website if you meet this criteria or click HERE for more information on TAFSA.
College and Career Research
Choices360: Located in your L-Hub login
- Explore college and career options that best fit their interests and goals
- Develop 4-6 year course planning to achieve their goals
- Navigate the college selection and application process
- Find ways to pay for college
- Build a portfolio they can take with them
Kaplan SAT/ACT Prep: See attached file below for information regarding prep classes for SAT/ACT. *Fees apply. Kaplan is not associated with LISD
For more information and resources about testing, visit the testing page of this website.