Welcome to the LHS Counselor Website!
This site is updated weekly and is full of helpful information. Check out the tabs to the left for tons of the latest information to help you in your college and career search. Reference the table below to determine your counselor, then contact your counselor and let them get to know you. They are a valuable asset in helping to answer college admission questions and/or assisting you with any of your post-graduate options. If you need information that is not available here, let your counselor know and we will be happy to help you.
Summer School Information
In-person summer school is for students who need to retake a course offered through LISD.
If you are unsure if summer school applies to you, please see your counselor for more information.
The following flyers contain the following pertinent information: location, time, sessions and cost associated with this year's summer school.
Please see your counselor for more information regarding summer school registration/courses that may need to be retaken.
2021 Summer School (English); 2021 Summer School (Spanish)
VLA Online Summer Learning Information
Click here for more information: LISD VLA Online Summer Learning
LHS Counselor Newsletters
Keep up to date with the latest information on colleges, scholarships, financial aid, graduation information, and other important items. Click on the Counselor Newsletter Tab to see all of our newsletters.
Current Newsletter: LHS Counselor End of School Year Newsletter
Parent Education Programs
Click on our parent education programs tab to see upcoming and past parent education programs sponsored by the LHS Counseling Department.
LHS College and Career Center
For more information and resources about your college search, visit the college page of this website.
Trying to find ways to pay for college? Click on the scholarships page of this website and check out all the scholarships still available. New ones are still coming in and will also be emailed to parents and students as we get them.
1. New resource for free College/Financial Aid Search: COLLEGE RAPTOR
2. For more information about Financial Aid, visit the financial aid page of this website.
3. TAFSA (Texas Application for Student Aid)---Texas has a financial aid application for students who are not United States citizens but who are Texas residents. To fill out this application, you must meet one of the following criteria: 1. You resided in Texas for 36 months/3 years before receiving a high school diploma or GED and lived with a parent/legal guardian; not a resident of another state or 2. You hold a visa that allows you to live in the United States and you or a parent must be employed in Texas for at least 12 months before enrolling in college.
Visit your local college website if you meet this criteria or click HERE for more information on TAFSA.
College and Career Research
Choices360: Located in your L-Hub login
- Explore college and career options that best fit their interests and goals
- Develop 4-6 year course planning to achieve their goals
- Navigate the college selection and application process
- Find ways to pay for college
- Build a portfolio they can take with them
Kaplan SAT/ACT Prep: See attached file below for information regarding prep classes for SAT/ACT. *Fees apply. Kaplan is not associated with LISD
For more information and resources about testing, visit the testing page of this website.