Lewisville High School Counseling Office
School Code: 444-135
Hours: Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.
Welcome to the LHS Counselor Website!
This site is updated weekly and is full of helpful information. Check out the tabs to the left for tons of the latest information to help you in your college and career search. Reference the table below to determine your counselor, then contact your counselor and let them get to know you. They are a valuable asset in helping to answer college admission questions and/or assisting you with any of your post-graduate options. If you need information that is not available here, let your counselor know and we will be happy to help you.
LHS Counselor Newsletters
Keep up to date with the latest information on colleges, scholarships, financial aid, graduation information, and other important items. Click on the Counselor Newsletter Tab to see all of our newsletters.
End of Year Counselor Newsletter: https://www.smore.com/z1tu2
NCTC TRIO PROGRAMAre you interested in learning more about college? Do you need help finding scholarships and financial aid? Needing assistance with completing your college applications? Then look no further than NCTC TRIO Talent Search!NCTC TRIO Talent Search is a FREE program that seeks to identify students who are motivated and have the academic potential to continue their education at the college level. The program provides information and services to assist students in preparing for the college that best fits their needs and interests. Click here for more information.
ATTENTION JUNIORS---2022-2023 Course Registration has finished. Please see your counselor if you still need to enter or edit your course requests for next year.
ATTENTION SOPHOMORES----2022-2023 Course Registration has finished. Please see your counselor at Harmon/Killough if you need to enter or edit course requests for next year.
New & Important Information Regarding the FAFSA/TASFA
Attention seniors and those graduating 2021-2022 school year:
Please click on the FAFSA/TASFA tab or click here for all updates, resources, and information regarding the FAFSA/TASFA and opt-out form.
Attention Juniors and Seniors: LHS Scholarship Help Hub is here!
Get individualized help with searching for scholarships through this unique scholarship assistance program with the Scholarship Informer Gabrielle McCormick. Sign up today!
Loom Registration Walkthrough Link (video that explains how to set up a student account)
Upcoming Parent Event
Our scheduled Farmer Focus Parent Presentation has been postponed due to COVID. We will update you as soon as we can reschedule. Thank you for understanding.
LHS College and Career Center
For more information and resources about your college search, visit the college page of this website.
Trying to find ways to pay for college? Click on the scholarships page of this website and check out all the scholarships still available. New ones are still coming in and will also be emailed to parents and students as we get them.
2.IME Becas HACEMOS Scholarship
The HACEMOS Scholarship Program is designed to assist Latinx students pursuing a postsecondary education*
Scholarship Award Amount: 2022-2023 recipients attending a two-year institution receive $1,000. Recipients attending a four-year institution receive $2,000. Awards are payable to the institution for the account of the student.
Awards are not renewable; however, students may reapply to the program each year they meet eligibility requirements.
- Hispanic/Latinx self-identify
- 25 years or younger
- Reside in North Texas
- 3.0 or higher GPA
- Plan to attend a 2-year community college or a 4-year university
- NO immigration status needed – ALL Dreamers are eligible!
1. New resource for free College/Financial Aid Search: COLLEGE RAPTOR
2. For more information about Financial Aid, visit the financial aid page of this website.
3. TAFSA (Texas Application for Student Aid)---Texas has a financial aid application for students who are not United States citizens but who are Texas residents. To fill out this application, you must meet one of the following criteria: 1. You resided in Texas for 36 months/3 years before receiving a high school diploma or GED and lived with a parent/legal guardian; not a resident of another state or 2. You hold a visa that allows you to live in the United States and you or a parent must be employed in Texas for at least 12 months before enrolling in college.
Visit your local college website if you meet this criteria or click HERE for more information on TAFSA.
College and Career Research
Choices360: Located in your L-Hub login
- Explore college and career options that best fit their interests and goals
- Develop 4-6 year course planning to achieve their goals
- Navigate the college selection and application process
- Find ways to pay for college
- Build a portfolio they can take with them
Summer 2022 Opportunities
Kaplan SAT/ACT Prep: See attached file below for information regarding prep classes for SAT/ACT. *Fees apply. Kaplan is not associated with LISD
For more information and resources about testing, visit the testing page of this website.