Degrees and Certifications:
What is DECA?
DECA is an organization that prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs for careers in marketing, finance, hospitality, and management in high schools and colleges around the world. Students can pick an area of interest, practice their skills, and compete in multi-level competitions.
Check out more about DECA at LHS by the presentation linked HERE
Membership dues are $16 per person. Due date for 2020-2021 school year is 11/2/2020.
Can be paid online here: https://lewisville.revtrak.net/hs/lewisville-hs/lhs-deca/
District competition is $25 per person +10 if you want a shirt. Deadline 11/20/20.
State competition is TBD per person. Deadline TBD
International competition is TBD per person. Deadline TBD.
Please note: LISD allocates funds to support DECA. However, the funds do not cover all of the competition expenses. Therefore, students should be prepared to fundraise or pay for the remaining balance.
Additional information about DECA and scholarship information can be found at the DECA website.
- December 3-5 | ROLE PLAY AND CASE STUDY SCENARIOS AVAILABLE on www.texasdeca.org
December 3 | Principles Events, Personal Financial Literacy and Team Decision Making Events
December 4 | Individual Series Events
December 5 | LAST CHANCE – ALL ROLE PLAY EVENTS AVAILABLE
- December 7 – December 10 | COMPETITION WINDOW
• Testing | Since DECA competitors will be a blend of in-person and virtual learners, all District level exams will be taken “Open-Book”
o The exams will have a reduced time allotment (75 Minutes), only one question will appear on the screen at a time, and all questions will be randomized
Written event submission | Projects must be a PDF file, same as in previous years
Video submissions (role plays and prepared presentations) | videos will be uploaded, and a link
will be provided to the judge
- December 11 – 23 | SCORING/EVALUATION OCCURS
- January 4 – January 8 | SCORES WILL BE SORTED AND PLACED FOR EACH DISTRICT
- January 10 | MEDALLIONS MAILED TO CHAPTER ADVISORS
- Note: some Districts may elect to deliver the medallions to the chapters.
- Mid-January | VIRTUAL AWARDS PROGRAMS hosted by District Officer Teams. Each District Director will provide details once a date has been set.
Testing Date: TBD
Competition Date: MARCH 4-6, 2021
Location: Anaheim, CA
Testing Date: At the competition
Competition Date: April 24- April 27, 2021
DECA Meeting Times
Currently, meetings are held virtually at 4:15 on Wednesday.
E-mail to join the meeting. firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Contact Mrs. Cooper, Room A302 or Ms. Naragon, Room E238 (or e-mail)