Taking the Advanced Placement exams is an important part of all AP courses. Lewisville High School desires that all students take AP exams for the AP classes that they have taken. Scoring well on an AP exam can often earn students college credit for their high school class, saving a significant amount on tuition.
The College Board is launching a new online system and adjusting registration windows for Advanced Placement (AP) exams beginning in the 2019-20 school year. The new online system will provide students enrolled in Advanced Placement courses with additional supports.
Important registration dates:
- Monday, January 13th, at 8 a.m. - Registration Begins for students in Spring 2020 classes.
- January 13th - February 28th – Cash/Check payments will be accepted on campus in E120 & Credit Card payments may be made online at LHS Online Payment Site
- February 28th at 4:00 p.m. - Spring Registration and payments after this date will incur a $40 late fee per exam
- Any student who cancels their test after February 28th (for any reason) will be charge a non-refundable $40 fee
- If the test has already been paid for, you will receive a refund minus the $40 non-refundable fee
Important registration notes:
- Each AP exam costs $95.00.*
- Students must register through the College Board website
- College Board: myap.collegeboard.org
- You will need the Join Code from your teacher for each AP you are registering for. If you are not a LHS Main student, you must contact the Testing Coordinator for more information.
- If you can't get into your Collegeboard account, please DO NOT make a new account! You will need to call College Board (866-315-6068) to have them help you gain access to it.
- We know that parents may desire to register their students for exams. We strongly recommend that parents and students are both present while registering to ensure that the correct exams are ordered.
- Students who took AP classes in the Fall 2019 or are in All Year classes, may still register but will be charged a $40 per exam late fee. Please contact Mrs. Spinks or your student's teacher to receive the join code.
Please contact Mrs. Holly Spinks, Testing Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you would like to register for an exam not listed (subject to availability) or have any questions.
*The cost for students who are on free/reduced lunch will pay $23.00 per exam. Lewisville High School desires that every student be able to take their AP exams. Students requiring financial assistance should contact Mrs. Holly Spinks, email@example.com, in the E120 to learn more.