2017-18 TRS-ActiveCare Medical Rates & Information
Information regarding the 2017-18 TRS-ActiveCare benefits and premiums were announced during the TRS Board Meeting in Austin on June 1-2, 2017. New rates are listed below and plan changes are outlined in the links on the left.
GREAT NEWS - The LISD Board of Trustees approved a $10.00 increase per month to the district contribution rates for all 2017-18 medical insurance plans.
- During the last plan year (2016-17) there was a change in the way the out-of-pocket maximum is calculated for Employee + Children, Employee + Spouse and Employee + Family Coverage. Instead of the entire family reaching $13,100 before the plan pays 100%, at the point at which one individual reaches $6,550, the plan will pay 100% for that individual.
- ALEX is here once again to help you decide which plan is best for your individual needs. Use information in the rate chart below for yearly premiums. Click the link on the left for more information.
- On TRS ActiveCare 1-HD generic preventive drugs on the Preventive Drug List are covered at no cost to the participant. The deductible and coinsurance do not apply to these generic medications. Click here for the list.
- Covered Services for Preventive Care must be billed by the provider as "preventive care". Non-network preventive care is not paid at 100%. If you receive preventive services from a non-network provider, you will be responsible for any applicable deductible and coinsurance under the ActiveCare 1-HD and ActiveCare2. There is not coverage for non-network services under the ActiveCare Select or HMO plans.
- Status changes due to the birth of a child must be made within 31 days from the birth.
Please read this section thoroughly prior to making your 2017-18 health insurance election.