We are very sorry for your loss.
Full-time employees may be eligible for up to 5 bereavement days to be used for consecutive absences due to the death of an immediate family member.
The term “immediate family” is defined as:
- Son or daughter, including a biological, adopted, or foster child, a son-or-daughter-in-law, a stepchild, a legal ward, or a child for whom the employee stands in loco parentis.
- Parent, stepparent, parent-in-law, or other individual who stands in loco parentis to the employee
- Sibling, stepsibling, and sibling-in-law
- Grandparent and grandchild
- Any person residing in the employee's household at the time
The employee must complete the Bereavement Leave Application and provide the Benefits Office with a death certificate, funeral notice, or an obituary to establish relationship.
Requests for bereavement leave must be made and used within 60 days from date of immediate family member's death.
Your Employee Assistance Program is designed to support you through difficult times. Click here for the Employee Assistance Flyer
- Licensed Professional Counselors
- Work/Life Balance
- 24/7 Expert Support
1-800-854-1446: Phone support
unum.com/lifebalance: Online support
Additional resources : Coping with Loss