When you turn 65 you can sign up for Medicare Part A.  There is no charge for this.  It covers hospitalization.   If you have TRS-ActiveCare for your medical insurance, it remains your primary insurance as long as you work for the district -- Medicare Part A is your secondary.  Medicare Part B  can be DEFERRED until you no longer have Group Health insurance through the district.


    See for more information.