Leave of Absence Checklist | Benefits: 469-948-8073
Use this checklist to plan for your Leave of Absence:
- If applicable, fill out a ”Leave of Absence Request” form AND supply documentation indicating the medical necessity for leave or other appropriate documentation if leave is non-medical; note must include leave starting date and an estimated return to work date.
- Notify your supervisor of the need for leave.
- Contact the Sub Help Desk at 972.350.2851 for information about scheduling a substitute (if necessary) and calling in your absences while on leave.
- The Benefits Office can answer any questions about your LISD benefits while on leave.
- Contact the Payroll Department at 972.350.4736 for information about the number of State and Local days available and general salary questions pertaining to leave.
- Before returning to work a medical release must be submitted to the Benefits Department with a return to work date.