Cristina Hoffman, Attendance Clerk469-713-5979HoffmanC@lisd.netAttendance Reminders and Procedures
Academic CreditSection 25.092 of the Texas Education Code states: “Except as provided by this section, a student may not receive credit for a class unless the student is in attendance for at least 90 percent of the days the class is offered.” For further specific information, please refer to Board Policy FEA (LEGAL) .
- Please call or email your child's absence prior to 9:30am each day (or if you know dates, you may just call once with all the dates). You may call 469-713-5979 and press 1 to report an absence 24/7. Email for this purpose is HoffmanC@lisd.net. If you choose to email, please include your child's full name, teacher, your full name and a number where you can be reached.
- If you would like to speak with someone directly, our office hours are 7:30-3:30 M-F.
- Please send a doctor's note if your child is absent more than 3 days or if you have a doctor's note for any day of an absence, please send it with a parent note for the other days of absence.
- Students are tardy if they are not in their classroom at 7:50 am.
- Students may not come to school for special events or to volunteer with you if they have been called in or left sick that day.
- If a student arrives to school late or has to leave early for a doctor's appointment, please provide a doctor's note upon their return. Faxes of notes are also accepted, please fax them to 972-350-9531.
- You may request work from your student's teacher on the morning of the second day of absence. Work will be available for pick up at dismissal time which is 2:50pm.
- An excused absence is one which results from personal illness, sickness or death in the family, quarantine, weather, or road circumstance or with PRIOR APPROVAL from the principal (ie: absence for the purpose of observing religious Holy Days when it is a tenet of their faith). LISD DOES NOT participate in the National Take Your Child to Work Day! This absence will be unexcused and no make-up work permitted.
Section 25.094(a)(2) of the Texas Education Code states: “if an individual fails to attend school on 10 or more days or parts of days within a six month period in the same school year or on three or more days or parts of days within a four week period” that constitutes a truancy offense. For further specific information, please refer to Board Policy FEA (LEGAL) .
New, Out of State or Non LISD Transfers
Please bring the following with you for registration (registration cannot proceed without these items):
*If you reside with someone else and do not have a utility bill in your name, you will need to have a residency statement notarized PRIOR to enrolling your child. Forms can be found here. You can also add yourself to a utility bill at the location where you reside to avoid having to do a residency statement. Please call prior to enrolling if you have this situation so we can help. Our office hours are 7:30-3:30 M-F during the school year. We can be reached at 469-713-5979.
- Birth Certificate or Valid Passport
- Immunization Record- Must be up to date in accordance with the State of Texas schedule.
- Social Security card
- Parent or Guardian Valid photo ID- Driver's License or State issued ID
- Proof of Residency- Gas, Water or Electric Bill in the last 30 days for your address in your name.
Within LISD Transfers
- Proof of Residence (utility bill)
- Valid Photo ID- Drivers License or State ID
- All of the above (refer to LISD/Non-LISD requirements)
- Withdrawal form from prior school
- Most recent report card