Dual Credit Registration Information
This page will provide a clear set of steps for all students planning to take Dual Credit courses at HHS for the Summer 2022, Fall 2022, and Spring 2023 terms. The following link can also provide a helpful checklist (Collin College New Student Checklist) but the steps below are specific to HHS. If you have any questions or problems as you navigate this process, please contact Dr. Robinson, College & Career Counselor at HHS via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
1: Sign Up on the Dual Credit Interest Form
All students interested in Dual Credit courses for Summer 2023, Fall 2023, and/or Spring 2024 must sign up to be on the Dual Credit Interest Form. By signing up on the following form, you will be on the mailing list for important presentation information and process reminders. You will also provide helpful information to HHS about your interest in the program. Link to Dual Credit Interest Form below:
2: Attend or Watch the Dual Credit Presentation
All students considering Dual Credit for Summer 2023, Fall 2023, and/or Spring 2024 must watch this presentation. This meeting will be held on Wednesday, March 1, 2023 at 6pm via WebEx and will provide valuable information about the HHS Dual Credit program and the process through which students will need to go in order to register and pay for Dual Credit courses.
Meeting Date and Time: Wednesday, March 1, 2023 at 6pm
Meeting Link: Coming Soon!
An email with the WebEx link will also be sent to all names that have been submitted on the 2023-2024 Dual Credit Interest Form. If you have not yet signed up for that list, please go ahead and do so in the link provided in Step 1 of this web page.
A recording of this meeting will be posted below after it is completed.
Recording of HHS Dual Credit Presentation:
Copy of Presentation:
3: Decide if you want to take Dual Credit classes
If you intend to take Dual Credit classes during the Fall 2023 and/or Spring 2024 terms, you should enter those specific course requests into Skyward between January 24-27, 2023.
4: Apply to Collin College
If you are a brand new Dual Credit student or if you did not take Dual Credit during the Fall 2022 or Spring 2023 terms, you must complete and/or re-apply to Collin College using the following web site: GoApplyTexas.org
Please note that students will not be able to take Dual Credit classes during the Fall 2023 or Spring 2024 terms without completing the necessary application, registration and payment steps through Collin College.
Students are strongly encouraged to complete their application to Collin College as early as possible as Collin College may take up to 2 weeks to process an application.
The following guide will help you complete the Apply Texas application. Please refer to it as needed.
5: Complete the Dual Credit Permission Form via Google
After the Dual Credit Information Session, please complete the following Dual Credit Permission Form via Google. Without filling out this Google form, students will not be able to register for Dual Credit courses during the Summer 2023, Fall 2023 and/or Spring 2024 semesters. This form will be due ASAP after the March 1, 2023 Dual Credit Information Session. As your ability to register and pay for the class section you desire is tied to completing this form, it is in your best interest to complete this form as soon as you can. In order to meet the May 1, 2023 registration and payment deadline, you may not complete this form later than Monday, April 3, 2023.
Please note that although this form is only required to be completed once per year, students still must pay for courses each semester.
Link to Dual Credit Permission Form (Google Form): Coming Soon
6: Clear remaining holds in Collin College Cougar Web account
Within 3-5 business days of submitting your Collin College application, you should get an email (to the email address you provided in your Collin College application) from “Admissions” giving you access to your Cougar Web account for Collin College. You should check the “holds” or items in your account that are preventing you from being able to pay for courses. If you have holds, please use the guide below for instructions on how to clear common holds. If you have any additional questions about clearing holds, please contact the HHS College and Career Counselor, Dr. Robinson at email@example.com.
Link to Collin College Hold Information & Resolution Guide: Collin College Hold Information & Resolution Guide
7: Pay for Dual Credit courses through Cougar Web
Once all holds are removed and students are registered in their Dual Credit classes, they must pay for Summer 2023 and/or Fall 2023 Dual Credit courses by May 1, 2023.
Students who do not complete payment by May 1, 2023 will not be able to take Dual Credit courses during the Summer 2023 and/or Fall 2023 term. Furthermore, your HHS School Counselor will change your Skyward course requests from Dual Credit courses to HHS courses for those respective subjects.
Payment plans may be established with Collin College if necessary. Students who receive Free/Reduced lunch will have their tuition waived by Collin College.
Please note that this process outlines Summer 2023, Fall 2023 and Spring 2024 Dual Credit processes. If you are interested in pursuing Concurrent Enrollment (Classes ONLY counting towards your undergraduate career and will not count towards your Hebron transcript), or interested in pursuing Summer 2023 courses, please email Dr. Jessica Robinson, Hebron’s College and Career Counselor, at JARobinson@collin.edu.
Other Collin College Links:
- Calendars: To find out more about important dates and details for Collin College, please click on the following link: https://www.collin.edu/calendars/
- Admissions: To review the admissions process, please go to the following link: https://www.collin.edu/gettingstarted/admissions/index.html
- Tuition: For tuition and fees information, please use the following website: https://www.collin.edu/bursar/tuition.html
- Payment Deadlines: For information about when payment will be due, please go to the following site: https://www.collin.edu/bursar/payment_deadline.html
- Accessibility: To inquire about getting accommodations for documented disabilities, please use the following link: https://www.collin.edu/studentresources/disabilityservices/index.html
- TSI: For more information about the Texas Success Initiative Exam, including fees/testing sites on Collin’s campus, please go to the following website: https://www.collin.edu/studentresources/testing/availabletesting/tsi.html
- Registration Guide: For assistance with the course registration process, please use the following steps: https://www.collin.edu/gettingstarted/register/registration.html
- Withdrawing from Collin: For Information on Withdrawing from courses, please review the following policies and procedures: https://www.collin.edu/gettingstarted/register/withdrawal.html
- Meningitis: To get us copies of your official meningitis vaccination, please see the following website: http://www.collin.edu/gettingstarted/admissions/meningitis/
- Student Handbook: For a copy of Collin College’s student handbook, please use the following link: https://www.collin.edu/studentresources/personal/student_handbook_pdf_documents/2020-2021%20Student%20Handbook%20Updated%2012-15-2020.pdf