DUAL CREDIT INFORMATION
* Students who are interested in dual credit class need to speak with their counselor first. Once decision is made to pursue dual credit class, student will talk with our dual credit liason ~ counselor Mrs. Lancaster (email@example.com) in counseling office (D103) *
- Dual credit classes can be taken at Marcus High School, NCTC, or online. Only select courses will be available at our campus such as English 3, English 4, US History, Government, and Economics. Other courses could be offered on our campus, but more information will follow.
- Another benefit is the affordability of a Dual Credit course. A NCTC course costs $339 for 3 hours of class time. If a student is on Free/Reduced lunch they may be eligible for a fee waiver. The cost of textbooks is not included in this price. You may also apply for a scholarship with NCTC. The scholarship window opens March 1st.
- Summer sessions are also available. The first summer session begins June 10th. The second summer session begins July 15th. (Please refer to the NCTC website for further dates and deadlines.)Registration for summer 2019 and fall 2019 NCTC Dual Credit ends April 12th. AFTER THE STUDENT VISITS WITH THEIR MARCUS COUNSELOR AND MHS COUNSELOR NEENA LANCASTER, students may begin the registration process. Students must first complete the ApplyTexas application. The ApplyTexas Deadline is March 28th.
- Many students will be required to take the TSI (Texas Success Initiative exam), unless an exemption can be provided through PSAT, SAT, ACT or STAAR EOC Scores. The TSI includes 3 testing sections: Reading, Writing, and Math. The Dual Credit course you plan to take will determine which sections of the TSI you will have to complete.
- The TSI will be administered at Marcus on February 21st at a discounted price. You can register for the test and provide payment through your Skyward account. The TSI is also administered at NCTC if needed.
- If you are planning to take a course at NCTC or online, you will be required to turn in a shot record with your up-to-date Meningitis shot.
- If you plan to take a Dual Credit class in the summer, fall, or spring, please mark it on the Dual Credit Course Card in your registration packet. Then return it with your colored course card when registration materials are due on January 23rd.
- The Dual Credit Agreement and Registration form and all other required information must be returned to MHS Counselor Neena Lancaster. It should NOT be taken to NCTC.