Credit Opportunitues for Acceleration and/or Remediation
- Correspondence Courses: Correspondence/on-line courses offered through Texas Tech University Extended Studies Program and/or UT High School. Students register online. Take course from home and have 6 months to complete. You will take your final exam with us via the internet. Costs may vary - approx. $150 per 1/2 credit plus cost of books. Correspondance courses will be included in your students GPA calculation.
- Credit by Exam: Credit-by-exams are offered to students that need to repeat a course due to failure. See your counselor to order exam. You will take the CBE in the counseling office. Prepare for exams by accessing Testing Prep link to the right. Cost - $40 per exam.
- Night School: Earn credits from 4:10 p.m. to 8:50 p.m. at an accelerated pace. Courses are primarily geared for those students who may need junior or senior level course work. See your counselor for information and to apply. Free of charge.
- Credit Recovery: After school program in which students work at their own pace using APEX (computer program) to earn credit in a course for which they have previously attended but were unsuccessful in earning credit. The NCAA Eligibility Center will not accept credit recovery course for college entrance and eligibilty.
- Summer School: Students can take summer school for courses through LISD or any other school district. Prices vary. Complete the summer school application and register on the appropriate date. Summer school through LISD is for remediation only.
- Credit for Acceleration Exams: Offered to students to earn additional credit. A student must earn a 80% or above to receive credit. See your counselor to order exam. You will take the CBE in the counseling office and test are administered on the computer. No cost.
- NCTC Dual Enrollment: for Junior and Senior Level Courses. NCTC dual-credit coordinator will provide all the information you need to know about dual-credit. Dual credit courses will be included in GPA calculation. See the dual credit tab on the counseling website for course information. If enrolled in Free/Reduced Lunch program, see your counselor about tuition waiver.
- LISD Virtual Learning Academy Courses
**Students completing STAAR EOC courses, Algebra I, Biology, English I, English II or U.S. History, through VLA or Dual Credit still must take and pass the EOC.