Dual Credit Information 2024-25
NCTC Dual Credit Program provides an opportunity for eligible sophomore, junior and senior high school students to enroll in college-level courses and earn both college credit and high school credit simultaneously.
- College tuition - $55 per credit hour
- Each dual credit course is worth 0.5 high school credit upon successful completion of the course (the student also has the potential to earn 3 college credit hours per course from NCTC unless otherwise stated).
- Dual Credit grades are calculated in GPA.
- Multiplier for Dual Credit courses is 1.2
- Students must APPLY to be accepted to NCTC.
- Students/Parents are responsible for all registration, tuition, fees and textbook costs.
- If enrolled in the Free/Reduced Lunch Program, you will not pay for tuition or books.
- Students who take US History through Dual Credit are required to take the US History STAAR test.
Important Things to Remember:
1. Sophomores are only eligible to take World History (HIST 2321 & HIST 2322). Both must be taken in order to receive a full high school credit. This class is NOT offered at FMHS. ALL sophomores MUST take the TSI in order to qualify.
2. If the class is not listed on the dual credit list, it is NOT a dual credit class.
3. Embedded classes are taught on the FMHS campus during the school day.
4. Students may not take an online course if the same course is offered on the FMHS campus.
5. You MUST complete ALL steps in order to get registered at NCTC and FMHS.
6. Deadlines ARE important!
7. Tuition MUST be paid on-time or the class(es) will be dropped.
8. Registration forms must be COMPLETE. Students will NOT need a section number for embedded classes.
SENIORS!!!!!!! Make sure you send an official NCTC transcript to the university you will be attending in the fall.
Dual Credit Deadlines!!!!
GoApplyTexas deadline- March 8, 2024.
TSI registration deadline- February 16, 2024
TSI Pre-Assessment must be completed by February 18, 2024 (Pre-Assessment completion certificate must be emailed to Ms. Wiggins by 3:00 on Monday, February 19, 2024
TSI Exam- February 29, 2024
Registration forms are due no later than April 18, 2024. They need to be turned in as soon as the student receives his/her credentials for NCTC.
You need to have completed a GoApplyTexas application and have an NCTC I.D. number, (which you will receive once your application has been processed), in order to register. You also need to make sure that you have activated your NCTC email account. NCTC will communicate with you through this email address.
If you qualify for a scholarship, it will cover half of a full credit class (three college hours).
Important things to remember, regarding dual credit for the 2024/25 school year:
If you took a dual credit class this school year, you do NOT need to complete the GoApplyTexas application at this time. You WILL need to sign up for the class in Skyward, complete the GoogleDoc, and submit a registration form to Ms. Berry by April 18th. All of these things must be completed, even if you are a current dual credit student!
Summer registration is open for current dual credit students. Summer registration will open on April 1st for new dual credit students. If you want to take a summer class, in addition to a class in the school year, you will need to complete two different registration forms. Summer courses cannot be on the same registration form as fall/spring courses.
ALL dual credit offerings are listed on our website. Embedded classes are also included on the course cards that are given out during registration. There is a video that tells you what classes are offered on our campus. If you want to take a class that is NOT offered on our campus, you do NOT need to put it in your Skyward schedule. Let your counselor know if you plan to have an off period for the class. Students may NOT have an off period for a dual credit class in addition to senior in or senior out. The same applies if a student is taking external PE. Students can still take 4 high school courses and take the additional dual credit class outside the school day. Either way, I will need to let your counselor know if you want an off period.
Registration forms need to be filled out COMPLETELY. If a student is taking a course that is not offered on the FMHS campus, it is their responsibility to find the section number for the course. This is explained in the registration video I provided. This is the link for the NCTC course catalog. https://my.nctc.edu/ICS/Academics/
The dual credit page of the FMHS website has all the information you should need to answer questions, as well as complete the enrollment/registration process. Please refer to the following link if necessary. https://www.lisd.net/Page/6898
Current Dual Credit Courses Approved for FMHS Students
Each dual credit course is worth 0.5 high school credit upon successful completion of the course (the student also has the potential to earn 3 college credit hours per course from NCTC unless otherwise stated).
Dual Credit grades will average in the GPA (Eng, Math, Sci, and SS).
Multiplier for Dual Credit courses is 1.2
Students must APPLY to be accepted to NCTC.
Students/Parents are responsible for all registration, tuition, fees and textbook costs.
Dual Credit Coordinator
MSU Building -100 Parker Square
Flower Mound TX 75028
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY: NCTC Dual Credit Operating Hours: Monday thru Thursday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Friday 8:00 AM to 12:00 NOON
Flower Mound High School Dual Credit Liaison - Amy Berry email@example.com