Scholarships and Financial Aid
CHOICES 360 (New program that has replaced career cruising) - Access through student Learning Hub
- Sign into your LHUB account
- Click the Choices360 button
- Click on "yes", you will be signed directly into a new Choices 360 account
- Helpful features on Choices 360; Career Planning, High School Planning, College Planning, Financial Aid Planning and Your Portfolio
Choices360 Video Introduction - Click on the link to view the great resources that Choices360 has to offer.
Choices 360 Week 2 - Click on the link for more information on Choices360
- fastweb: Scholarships, Internships, Colleges and More. The leading online resource in finding scholarships to help pay for school.
- Every Chance for Every Texan
- Student Scholarships: Comprehensive site filled with scholarships and information about careers, majors and university/college course outlines.
- MeritAid.com: A comprehensive directory of merit scholarships and academic scholarships from colleges across the country.
- Scholarship Junkies: Provides high school students with an insider's guide to the scholarship process from the perspective of students who have won national scholarships. Learn how to find scholarships, how to choose which scholarships to apply for, how to compile competitive applications, and more.
- Sallie Mae - College Answer's Scholarship Search: Your search will provide access to an award database that contains more than 2.8 million scholarships worth over 16 billion dollars, and is expanded and updated daily.
- School Soup: Providing students with the most scholarships and financial aid options on the internet - over $32 billion in scholarship awards!
- Collegexpress.com: College and scholarship match that fit you.
- Wise Choice: College Search, Stats and Reviews
- Scholarships.com: College scholarships and grants
- Careeronestop.org: Career exploration, training and jobs
ROTC Scholarship Resources
Financial Aid Resources
- FAFSA Changes 2016
- UNT Financial Aid Information; for more assistance, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (940)565-2302
- FAFSA: Free Application for Student Aid: Guide to applying for a Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Provides eligibility requirements and guidelines for those applying for federal student loans and aid.
- Federal Student Aid: U.S. Department of Education’s Federal Student Aid site. Provides access and information about the products and services that you will need throughout the financial aid process.
- Financial Aid Estimator: FinAid's custom calculators can help you figure out how much school will cost, how much you need to save and how much aid you'll need.
- TASFA information: for non-citizens who are classified as Texas residents.
- Funding Your Education Beyond High School: The Guide to Federal Student Aid: A comprehensive resource on student financial aid from the U.S. Department of Education. Grants, loans, and work-study are the three major forms of aid available through the Department's Federal Student Aid office.
- Financial Aid Tips from NSAFFA: NASFAA does not provide financial aid to students. You should contact the financial aid office at the college of your choice for details on available opportunities. However, this web page will direct you to some of the more helpful financial aid guidance on the web.
- Minnie Piper Compendium: Provides financial aid, scholarship information, college costs for Texas colleges & universities.
- The Texas Tomorrow Fund: Information on Texas Pre-paid tuition programs and college savings plans.
Funding your education - Financial aid presentation put on by UNT's financial aid department
Athletic Scholarships - Scholarships for students not scouted by schools that want to try out
Scholarship Opportunities 2019-20
- Terry Foundation Scholarships The Terry Freshman Scholarship, known as the Terry Traditional Scholarship, is awarded to Texas high school seniors who have been accepted for admission to one of the Terry-affiliated public universities in Texas. Affiliated Universities:
The University of Texas- Austin
Texas A&M University
University of Houston
Texas State University
The University of Texas- Dallas
The University of Texas- San Antonio
Texas Tech University
University of North Texas
Texas Woman’s University
Texas A&M University- Galveston
Sam Houston State University
The University of Texas- Arlington
The University of Texas- El Paso
- NCTC Scholarship Application - Spring 2020 Dual Credit Students
The NCTC scholarship application for spring 2020 is open! Students must have their NCTC Lion Pride email activated in order to apply for scholarships. The email information was emailed to you after you were admitted into NCTC. Please look at the highlighted information below BEFORE you begin the application. The highlighted information was sent directly from NCTC.INSTRUCTIONS: The scholarship application period for Spring 2020 is open. If you have already completed this application, since March 1, 2019, you may update information in your application to be considered for spring awards. Make sure to select Spring 2020 and the number of hours you plan to attend NCTC in the spring in order to be considered. Please do not make changes to any previous selections to Summer or Fall hours, as this is the same application and we want to keep that information once it is archived.
- CoServ Youth Leadership Tour
- Oct. Nov. Dec. Scholarship Newsletter - Various deadlines
- The Coolidge Scholarship 2020 - Deadline January 16th, 2020
- Ronald McDonald House Scholarships - October 1st, 2019 - February 28, 2020
- PTSA Scholarship; PTSA Membership - Deadline November 15th, 2019
- WTS Greater Dallas/Fort Worth Chapter Scholarships - Deadline November 22nd, 2019
- Super Mom Scholarship - Deadline December, 2019
- Brockman Foundation Scholars Program - Deadline December 1st, 2019 Brockman Scholarship Information
- Comcast Leaders and Achievers Scholarship Program - Deadline December 6th, 2019
- Frontier Business Scholarship - Deadline December 13th, 2019
- Lewisville Education Foundation Scholarships - Deadline January 10th, 2020 no later than 4:30 PM The Lewisville ISD Education Foundation (LEF) scholarship application is now open. LEF Scholarships are awarded to graduating seniors to help them in their continued educational journey. Scholarships are awarded based on specific criteria established by donors. These criteria range from academic achievement and community involvement to success outside of academic ranking and career aspirations.
- SMU Hunt Leadership Scholarship - Deadline January 15th, 2020
- Scholarships for senior girls - Deadline February 1st, 2020
- Tip Top Tux Scholarship - Deadline March 1st, 2020
- BigSun Scholarship - Deadline June 19th, 2020
Expired Scholarships 2019-20
- CoServ Electric Scholarships
- Cameron Impact Scholarship - Deadline - September 13th, 2019 by noon
- Golden Door Scholars - Applications due September 16th, 2019
- Digital Responsibility - Don't Text and Drive Scholarship - September 30th, 2019
- AES Engineering Scholarships - Deadline October 6th, 2019
- Olin E. Teague Scholarship - Deadline October 11th, 2019
- Hispanic Heritage Foundation Youth Awards - Deadline October 15th, 2019
- Celebrating Texas Public Schools Scholarship - Deadline October 15th, 2019
- Dr. Pepper Tuition Giveaway - Deadline October 17th, 2019
- Horatio Alger Association Scholarship Program - Deadline October 25th, 2019
- Coca Cola Scholars Program - Deadline October 31st, 2019
- The Texas K-12 CTO Council Scholarship; Eligibility information - Deadline November 1st, 2019
- Prudential Spirit of Community Award - Deadline November 5th, 2019