Summer and Volunteer Opportunities
Summer break is a great opportunity to pursue your interests and gain experience in paid or volunteer jobs, internships, summer programs and other activities. In addition to giving you life experience and a sense of fulfillment, meaningful summer activities are also seen by college admission officers as a demonstration of your ability to act responsibly and make a commitment.Below is a list of summer opportunities:
- Camp Cardiac Camp Cardiac and Camp Neuro, run by local medical students in over 30 cities nationwide, serve as an ideal introduction for any high school student interested in exploring a career in medicine.
- Camp Neuro
- Summer Discovery at UT Austin: learn from top-teaching faculty in hands-on, interactive classes, and prepare for college success.
- Stevens Institute of Technology
- Duke Summer College
- Duke Summer Academy
- Stanford University Summer Programs
- Summer at CIP - for students on the Autism Spectrum & with Learning Differences
- KU Design Camp
- Cambridge Summer
- Harvard Summer
- Cornell Summer
- Georgetown summer
- Yale, UCLA and UC Berkeley Summer Camps: These camps are intended for high achieving, college-bound high school students interested in careers in medicine and science. The students stay in undergraduate housing and the camps consist of lecture and hands-on laboratory work, as well as independent research. These camps let students experience college-level curriculum in a low-stress and safe environment, and they make friends with other students from around the world.
- Summer Programs at Colleges: A comprehensive list of over 100 opportunities to learn and experience life on a college campus during the summer.
- AFS Summer Abroad Programs: 4-6 week community service, language or homestay summer programs in several different countries. These intercultural opportunities are an excellent chance for students to build on their classroom learning in another country!
- Study Abroad
- National Youth Leadership Forums: Several different programs throughout the summer in medicine, law, CSI, national security and collegiate success. You must be nominated for this program so let your counselor know if you are interested.
- Engineering Summer Camps: This directory lists some of the summer camps for K-12 students in engineering throughout the United States and Canada that are and were previously offered.
- My Summer Camps: Comprehensive directory of academic, pre-college, sports, arts, adventure, travel abroad camps.
- BANSON NYC: Fashion Summer Camps for High School Students. 9th through 12th graders.
- Summer Study Abroad
- NYU - High School Academy Career Edge Program
- Volunteer North Texas: Searchable database of over 8,000 volunteer jobs at more than 1,800 nonprofit agencies in the north Texas area.
- Medical Center of Lewisville Volunteer Program: Offers an active volunteer program for adults over the age of 18 years of age. Join them in providing professional staff with supportive and dependable service to enhance the care of patients and the comfort of visitors.