Senior Class Info
“You’re on your own and you know what you know…
YOU are the one who’ll decide where to go!” - Dr. Seuss
Diplomas not picked up at Graduation are available beginning June 1st from 8AM – 12PM and 1PM – 4PM
TCHS Graduation, Sunday May 24th 5:00 PM at Texas Motor Speedway
Watch LIVE: https://youtu.be/_5O1sMqXK_A
- Wednesday, May 20th, MANDATORY Webex Graduation Rehearsal
- Last Name A-G: 9:00 a.m.
- Last Name H-M: 11:00 a.m.
- Last Name N-S: 1:00 p.m.
- Last Name T-Z: 3:00 p.m.
- Makeup Session: 5:00 p.m.
- Invites have been sent to your @go.lisd email accounts
- You must attend the session you are invited to or complete the form in Teams during your session to request an invite to the 5 PM Make up
- If you do not attend the MANDATORY Webex Rehearsal you will not be able to attend graduation.
- Wednesday, 5/20 at 20:20 (8:20 PM) for the Class of 2020 Senior Sunset
- We will host a Senior Sunset on 5/20/20, at 20:20 pm (8:20), we will light up for 20 minutes Tommy Briggs stadium in celebration of the Class of 2020. We will establish a continuous loop route in the stadium parking lot for you to drive. Along this route, your teachers, sponsors and coaches will be there to greet and applaud you in a social distancing/mask wearing kind of way. We hope for this to be a fitting and symbolic farewell to the class of 2020.
- Please line up (remain in your cars) along the stadium/baseball side of Cougar Alley for admittance into the parking lot at 8:20 PM.
- Friday, May 22 Graduation Packet Pickup from 9:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m.
- These packets will contain final instructions for Texas Motor Speedway, four graduation programs for family (students will receive one at TMS), and two parking tags for the speedway (one graduate tag and one spectator tag). Parking tags must be displayed to enter Texas Motor Speedway, so it is essential graduates must pick these tags up on Friday, May 22.
- Please note again: Senior Graduation Packet Pickup can only occur after fines are cleared and graduation rehearsal is attended.
- Friday, May 22 Final & Make Up Collection for Seniors from 3PM – 4PM
- Any Senior that is not clear for fines, fees, etc can drop off their items in the front of the school
- Sunday, May 24 GRADUATION DAY
- Graduates arrive as early as 3 PM. We will begin check in at 3:45 PM, graduates will remain in their cars until that time, 3:45 PM. Please be ready at 3:45.
- Be sure to check the TMS FAQ from emails and attached here
- When graduates enter the inspection area they will receive a mask to wear at all times.
- Graduates should have their cap and gown draped over their arm and no items other than a key or key fob. Any issues with these items or dress code graduates will be sent back to their car to fix and return to the end of the line.
- Cooling stations with water will be provided for graduates.
- The tassel you are supposed to have for graduation is black & gold with the gold ‘20 hanging.
- If you received an LEF Scholarship, you ARE allowed to wear your purple LEF stole at graduation
- You do not need tickets to get into the graduation ceremony, but you must have one of the two parking passes to display.
- LUNCH BALANCES Seniors to get a refund for Lunch Balances please call Curtis Jones @ 469 948-2015 or Cecilia Garces @ 469-948-2050.If unable to reach any of those individuals they can call child nutrition main office number 469-713-5207.
- Contact email@example.com for Prom information and firstname.lastname@example.org for Senior Packages.
- Transcripts https://lewisvilletx.scriborder.com
DRESS CODE for GRADUATION
Graduation dress code has changed to accommodate students in our outside Graduation venue. You can wear the outfit you planned on previously and/or apply these new requirements:
- School appropriate shorts/jeans have been approved.
- Consider shoes that are appropriate for a lot of walking, including sandals. I do not recommend any high heels due to gravel/grass potential plus the large distances due to social distancing. Please consider alternative shoes.
- School appropriate t shirts/shirts with collars.
- Decorating your graduation cap or gown is NOT permitted. Contact Jostens via text to their local office at 940-382-8948 if you need to purchase another item. Jostens will be TMS to purchase tassels or caps.
Please view the TMS Commencement FAQ below
College Visits – college visit applications must be turned in to office H212 at least 3 days in advance of your planned visit. This is important for attendance.
College Applications – if you have not yet applied…NOW IS THE TIME!
Don’t miss your college of choice deadline for admission.
Scholarships – apply for as many scholarships as you an – every little bit of $ money $ helps!
Canvas Class of 2020 signup
College Visit Guidelines