A Message from Dr. Baxter
TCHS Students and Parents—
I hope you have had a wonderful summer and are ready for a GREAT school year at TCHS!!
This year our theme at TCHS will be “Winners Find a Way”! Every one of our students is a winner at TCHS, and every one of them brings something special to TCHS. This year, we will have many opportunities for students to get involved, experience clubs & organizations again, learn great things, and participate in pep rallies and other activities that highlight the spirit and success of TCHS. We can’t wait to see our students back on Wednesday, August 11 for our first day.
Today, as you move through the summer, I wanted to provide you a few important reminders and information pieces as we start the year. I hope this is helpful to you, and please know we are here to assist you at any time.
- Freshman Orientation—This reminder, Freshman Orientation is next Tuesday, July 27, at 2:00 p.m. Freshman Grade Level Principal Kelly Kirkland sent more information out about this earlier in the week, so please refer to that communication for details.
- Office Hours—The TCHS campus is open to visitors and we are here to assist you. From July 26- August 6, our office staff will be available to assist you Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- School Times— Our High School times have returned to 8:20 a.m. – 3:35 p.m. this school year. For established early release days for the school year, the release time is 12:20 p.m.
- First Day of School-- As mentioned above, the first day of school for the 2021-22 school year will be Wednesday, August 11.
- Schedules— Students will be able to access their schedules online this year. There will not be a schedule pick-up the first day of school so all students should retrieve their schedule online and be in their first period class on the first day of school. Freshman will be able to pick up a hard copy of their schedule at Freshman Orientation next week. All other students will be able to access their schedule online beginning August 4 and 5. Our Counseling Team will send more updates out about schedules in the coming days.
- Open House—Our TCHS Fall Open House will be on Thursday, August 26, and will last from 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. More information will be shared about our Fall Open House in the coming days.
- Homecoming 2021—Our Homecoming week this year will be Monday, September 6-Saturday, September 11, 2021. The Homecoming Parade/Community Pep Rally is Wednesday, September 8, the Homecoming Game is Friday, September 10 vs. Denton High School, and the Homecoming Dance is Saturday, September 11, which is for all grade levels.
- Seniors-- We are excited to see The Class of 2022 have a great year at TCHS. The date, time, and location for graduation is still being determined and will be shared out as soon as we have that information. In the coming days, Senior Grade Level Principal Bradley Willi will share out a comprehensive list of Senior Dates for The Class of 2022.
I cannot emphasize enough how excited we are to get the 2021-22 School Year started at TCHS. It is going to be another great year, and we are looking forward to seeing all of our students. Have a great rest of your summer and we look forward to seeing you soon as we being the year “Winners Find A Way”!
Dr. Tim E. Baxter
The Colony High School