District Vision, Mission, Beliefs & Goals
- All of our students enjoy thriving, productive lives in a future they create.
- Students, staff and community design and implement a learning organization that provides engaging, innovative experiences every day.
- Every student is uniquely capable and deserves to be challenged each day.
- Uninhibited learning depends on a safe, nurturing, inclusive and flexible environment.
- An educated citizenry is essential for equal opportunity and a prosperous society.
- Meaningful and relevant work engages students in profound learning.
- Critical thinking and problem solving today are necessary for students to be equipped for future challenges.
- Genuine transformation requires disruptive innovation.
- Education is the shared responsibility of the community.
- Provide all learners with safe, nurturing, inclusive and flexible learning environments. (Digital Learning Environment)
- Engage learners through the use of technological tools to access, create and share content as well as collaborate with other learners throughout the world. (Digital Learning Environment)
- Reframe state readiness standards in a way that leads to profound learning and has meaning and value for students. (Learning Standards)
- Create flexible systems that result in a learning organization supported by innovative and engaged staff. (Organizational Transformation)
- Continuously involve our diverse community, staff and students to use their strengths, resources and talents to provide engaging, innovative experiences for all learners. (Partnership)
- Develop and implement meaningful, varied assessments that inform and inspire students and educators for continuous improvement and growth in a way that transforms learning and teaching. (Assessments)
- Design an accountability system that transcends state/national mandates and reflects local values and expectations. (Accountability)
TECC-East Mission and Goals
The mission of Technology, Exploration and Career Center East (TECC-E) is to provide quality educational programs that enable every individual student to achieve their fullest potential in the pursuit of advanced education and high-skill employment in order to bridge to future careers and life-long learning.
The vision of TECC-East is for our students to be effective problem solvers and to have acquired the knowledge and skills to be productive citizens and leaders.
ASSURANCE of NONDISCRIMINATIONIt is the policy of the Lewisville Independent School District not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, or handicap in its career and technical education programs, services, or activities as required by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as Amended, Title IX of Education Amendments of 1972; and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1972, as amended. The Lewisville Independent School District will take steps to ensure that lack of English Language skills will not be a barrier to admission and participation in all educational and career and technical programs. For information about your rights or grievance procedures, contact the Title IX Coordinator, Tommy Ellington, at 400 West Main Street, Lewisville, Texas 75057, 972-350-5206, and/or the Section 504 Coordinator, Dr. Kathy Talbert at 136 West Purnell Street, Lewisville, TX 75057, 469-713-5203.