About Mrs. Kuban
I am absolutely thrilled to be a part of the Bridlewood family! I grew up in Iowa where I graduated with my Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education. Upon graduating, I taught in Plano, Texas while receiving my Master of Science in School Counseling. I have been both an elementary and middle school counselor. During my free time, my husband and I like to go to Rangers games and spend time with family and friends. I have three children: Kennedy, turned three this past June, Kelsie will turn 2 in November, and we just welcomed Kason in August.
About the Bridlewood Guidance and Counseling Program
Our comprehensive guidance and counseling program follows Texas Education Agency guidelines.
Guidance topics are centered around the following topics:
- Decision-making, goal setting, problem solving
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal effectiveness
- Cross cultural effectiveness
- Responsible behavior
- Motivation to achieve
Overview of the Bridlewood Guidance Classes:
Kindergarten through second grade classes attend guidance classes every other week for twenty minutes while third through fifth grade classes attend guidance classes every third week for forty-five minutes.
All topics covered are part of the Texas guidance and counseling program model. The children are involved in discussions, listen to books, watch short video clips, and show their knowledge through independent in-class projects.
- Information on our core curriculums, Steps to Respect and Second Step.
- The students love to learn from Howard B. Wigglesbottom’s mistakes. Check out his website where the students can relive the books through his interactive books and games for FREE!
- Julia Cook is a wonderful author. Her humorous books are on a variety of topics that our students can truly relate to! www.juliacookonline.com/
- Parenting tips
Your child may see the counselor individually or in a small group lunch setting by:
- Parent- referral
- Counselor- referral
- RTI team- referral