• When can I enroll my child?

    Call CVMS office at 469-713-5184 to set up an appointment to enroll your child.


    What do I need to enroll my child?


    • Birth certificate
    • Shot record
    • Social Security Card
    • Parent’s Driver’s License
    • Withdrawal Form from last school or End of year report card (summer)
    • Proof of residency – electric, water, or gas bill


    What is Wildcat Camp? How will my child learn the traditions and expectations of CVMS?

    • Wildcat expectations are taught during the first two days of school. Students report to an assigned location (1st period) on the first and second day of school. During these first two days, students will rotate with their teacher to learn more about CVMS. Rotations include: textbook check out, office procedures, hour block lunch & flex day expectations, Code of Conduct and Student Handbook, cafeteria procedures, technology use, voice levels, hallway behavior, Counselors’ Corner, bus behavior, and much more.
    • New students enrolling after the first couple days of school receive their orientation from the guidance counselors.


    My child is currently a fifth grader, how will he/she register for courses?

    • During the spring a special day is set aside for 5th Grade Visit. Students are bused to CVMS to tour the building, hear about the Wildcat Way, and rotate through presentations from elective teachers.
    • A 5th grade parent night allows parents to find out about CVMS practices, traditions, and expectations. Presentations enable parents to learn more about CVMS and to help their children make good decisions about registration/course selections.
    • Band and orchestra classes require an instrument which must be selected with the guidance of the music director. Set dates and times are provided and advertised.


    What do we need to know about PAP classes?

    • PAP Science, social studies, and English Language Arts are open enrollment courses. However, the depth and understanding required for the course means that students must be organized, be prepared to do rigorous homework assignments, be able to manage time for in and outside class assignments. Being able to plan ahead is crucial.
    • PAP math is also open enrollment but the student is expected to be working a grade ahead. Taking a PAP math class is demanding, quick paced, and requires that the student knows basic skills at a high level. Students should be scoring commended on state assessments to meet basic requirements of the course.


    What is LEAP?

    The Gifted and Talented program is called LEAP which is addressed through the English Language Arts Reading class. In order to qualify for this program, students must qualify on a screening test and other criteria set by the district.


    What athletic programs are offered at CVMS?

    • Athletics is offered to all seventh grade boys and girls. Eighth grade athletes must meet set criteria in order to make the eighth grade athletic teams.
    • Girls: Volleyball, basketball, soccer, cross country, and track are the sports offered. Girls tryout to make each team. If students do not make a team, they workout in off season preparing and conditioning their bodies.
    • Boys: Football, basketball, soccer, cross country, and track are the sports offered. Boys who sign up for athletics must play football. Boys not wanting to play football but want to play basketball, may try out for the basketball team. However, not all schedules can be changed to accommodate the change of class from PE to athletics.
    • Tennis is offered as part of the HHS tennis program. The student tries out and if he/she makes the team, a schedule change is put in place if there are no scheduling conflicts. Parents must take the student to HHS in the mornings and a bus brings the student back to CVMS by second period.


    How do I report that my child will be absent?

    • Please call the school office at 469-713-5184 by 10 AM to report that your child will be absent from school. When your child returns to school, he/she should bring a written note and report to the office to get an admit pass. The student should show the pass to each teacher and ask about makeup work.
    • For dental or doctor appointments, the student should bring back a doctor’s note.
    • For planned absences, the parent needs to email the principal for permission for the student to miss school. The email should explain the educational value of the trip. Procedures and guidelines required for the absence to be excused will be sent home. When the student returns, he/she will need to have completed the response form for each day the student is absent.


    When will my child get his/her schedule for the following school year?

    Students enrolled at CVMS during the spring will be able to pick up their schedules on the Friday two weeks prior to school starting. 

    • 8th grade pick up at 8:30 AM
    • 7th grade pick up at 10:30 AM
    • 6th grade pick up at 1:30 PM
    • Students may purchase PE clothes, put money in cafeteria account, join PTA, pre-order a yearbook, purchase spirit wear, and take care of similar tasks.