Virtual Learning Academy - High School
The Virtual Learning Academy provides online learning opportunities to secondary students across the district and the state of Texas.
VLA serves high school students who:
- want a flexible learning environment
- learn better online
- want to make room in their schedule for fine arts, athletics, or career and technology courses
- want to take a course not offered on campus
- want to graduate early
- want to work and go to school
- want an original credit option for credit recovery
High school students may take online courses within the school day or outside the school day to supplement their regular instructional program. Instruction and content are delivered primarily over the Internet, and most instructional activities take place online. Middle school students may take online courses outside the school day to supplement their regular instructional program.
Students are not alone in their online courses! Our program is "high touch" with extensive interaction between students and the online teacher and students and their classmates. These frequent, ongoing interactions occur asynchronously within the course and in real time through a variety of tools: phone, Twitter, course messaging, district email, Zoom, Google Docs, and other Web tools.